53. Princess Consort

Author's Note:

Very sorry for the late upload.

I'm struggling with my health recently.

Please do also pray for my eyes. 🙏

Thank you!

-------

Few days before the Crown Prince selection, Tamar was planning to face the council. She was currently reading her written appeal regarding Neero's marriage. She had weighed the pros and cons but still chose to reveal the facts about it.

"Why so serious?" Duchess Viola stood by the Princess' side and quickly scanned the paper which was laid over the table. Both women were at the palace library waiting for the catered time when the public or a citizen is granted to share some thoughts and concerns.

"An appeal."

Duchess Viola raised her brows for she was able to read the gist of the document.

"Do you want me to pass it on to my husband? He's one of the councilors. You don't want the officials to think that you're using your position as a royalty to annul Prince Neero's marriage and branded you a scheming woman because you have feelings for him."

"What…"

"All of us were already aware of your 'fondness' towards the First Prince. So it's fitting that my family should submit that document so it won't be easily ignored. For the officials, it would be normal for an opposing party to do this kind of appeal. And I'm certain it wouldn't be disregarded. " Viola tried to persuade Tamar. She needs to get the paper from the spoiled Princess. The document is composed of the certificate of 'No Marriage' between Lady Melinda and the First Prince.

Princess Tamar sighed and glanced at the paper. She was clouded by her emotions and only thought about how to officially nullified Neero's marriage.

On the other hand, Duchess Viola already knew the facts about the said marriage. Her nephew, Marcus, took hold of the information and already gave it to the media for a special revelation at the right time.

"Well, I agree with your reasoning. I will be watching from afar, Duchess." Tamar stood up and gave her the document.

"Of course, Princess. See you later." The Duchess smiled and went on her way to the inner court. Her lips stayed the same until she reached the grand doors of the meeting hall. She cannot jeopardize the reputation and the opportunity of the Shechem clan to grasp the throne after generations of being on the sidelines. This is a good chance to elevate their position because they found out that Neero and her fake niece, Mia, have some kind of relationship. She must protect the fake identity of Mia and allow the First Prince to have a deeper connection with the young woman.

As Tamar watched the older woman disappeared from her eyesight, she pulled out another paper from her hidden pocket and scanned it while smirking. She exited the library and made her way to the inner court as well.

A petition to banish Amelia Shechem from the Mudhish Kingdom.

“Guess we'll see each other sooner, Viola."

THE MEETING HALL was silent after two women voiced out their case. The series of information was hard to digest. One was claiming that the First Prince isn't married at all and the second was protesting about a woman who dared to deceive the face of the Crown by living with a fake noble identity. Some noble officials were relieved to know that their greatest competition is more likely to be disqualified from the Crown Prince selection. They discreetly celebrate in their minds.

Duchess Viola secretly glared at the Princess for revealing such information about Mia. She cannot help but to pretend to be shocked to avoid the suspicion that the Shechems hid the fake identity of her so-called niece.

Most of those who were present in the court meeting saw how the Shechem family flaunted Mia at the few parties because of her alluring beauty. They know well that the duchess was using the young woman to capture the princes' attention for their gain.

"Duke and Duchess, is there anything you like to say?" An old official broke the silence by asking the couple with an indifferent expression. He decided to deal with the fake identity first because the other topic is more sensitive and he couldn't find a way to question the Jabal family.

"We didn't know. These subjects of yours were at fault and didn't have the heart to investigate the young woman, your Majesty." The Duke of Shechem answered. By saying this, they washed their hands clean and separated themselves from Mia.

King Reuben waved his hand, looking somewhat displeased at how things had turned out. Their plan is starting to falter, thanks to their only daughter.

"The Ministry of Justice should look into this and will serve the proper punishment to the concerned individual or individuals once they obtain sufficient evidence. As for the First Prince, we would like to personally question him as soon as possible." The Prime Minister coldly uttered and instructed several men to bring Neero and Mia to the palace right away.

A group of men abide and hurriedly exited the hall. The big doors opened and the men halted their steps.

"What's happening back there?" The same old official inquired because the King's men froze at the entrance.

"Sending dozens of men only to find two people, your Majesty?" A familiar baritone voice echoed inside the hall. Neero, as always, carried himself with regality. His imposing manner brought everyone in awe and earned respect everywhere he appeared.

All eyes were on him as he started to walk towards the center of the hall. But he wasn't alone. Everybody saw two figures with linked hands gracefully marching forward. The other person equally matched the royal prince with her elegant demeanor and calm bearing.

The monarch couple were just as surprised as everyone. Neero came in with Mia and seemed to be protective of her. Without saying a word, the guards surrounded the newly arrived couple.

Mia merely smiled and asked in an innocent tone, "What is this about?"

"Enough with your deception." Tamar sharply uttered. Her heart was torn to pieces when she saw the two walk hand in hand. "Seize her!"

Before anyone could react, three women stood in front of Mia. It's the Three Maidens.

"Zinnia?" Queen Laura finally breathed out after observing from the side. It couldn't be that…

"What are you three doing? Step aside!" Tamar uttered in frustration having no idea of the revelation in front of her.

The guards saw how the Three Maidens acted and were able to guess the identity of the lady who was standing beside the First Prince. They didn’t dare to take another step unless the King would specifically instruct them to do so. But they know that all of them will face the wrath of Neero if they lay their hands on the lady.

"Forgive me for my rudeness. This Princess Consort forgot to greet your Majesties." Mia stated and bowed briefly. She showed a flawless smile and glanced at the monarch couple.

"You biss." Tamar gritted her teeth while Duchess Viola was balling her fists at the sides.

YSABELLE M. | 2022