63. Pseudologia fantastica

Just want to say thank you for always waiting. This story will soon come to an end. 

* * * * * * *

States

[Nightfall: What's your status, Cyclops?]

[Cyclops: Target in vision.]

[Nightfall: Standby Chaos.]

[Chaos: Roger.]

[Cyclops: Target is moving.]

[Nightfall: Standby.]

[Cyclops: Target halted.]

[Chaos: Permission to lock.]

[Nightfall: Granted.]

[Cyclops: Target is raising his hand.]

[Nightfall: Does it contain weapon?]

[Cyclops: Affirmative.]

[Nightfall: Protect Alpha's relatives at all cost.]

[Chaos: Engaging now.]

After a while...

[Cyclops: Target down.]

[Nightfall: Mission success, Beta.]

* * * * * * *

Mudhish Palace

"Laura is simply astounded. Our hearts are full of gratitude. We cannot believe that the heavens granted a miracle." The King interfered on time. His words had a double meaning. It was indeed a miracle that the bastard survived. Such a huge luck!

Meanwhile, Aaron just ended a call then looked over his boss. He discreetly conveyed a morse code by tapping his finger on his other forearm.

Neero read the movement and slightly nodded. He refocused on his adoptive parents, who were acting to be loving siblings to his father.

The people were touched by their ruler's expression but gasped suddenly.

The Queen pretended to clutch her heart and swayed a little.

"Call for the royal master physician!" Someone shouted.

"Bring the Queen to the chambers." King Reuben ordered.

Augustine sneered inside as he watched the play. He signaled his men to block the doorways.

"Who dared to bring risk to the Queen's well-being and disobey my command?! Open the doors this instant." The King commanded with a firm voice. His tone was annoyed.

When nobody moved, the King lifted the scepter but then somebody spoke before the staff hit the ground.

"Someone, come over and bring Laura backstage. Do the necessary check up."

"Yes, your royal highness." One guard replied at Augustine's instruction, seeing a familiar ring on his right hand. The royal guards together with the other military personnel are to be subjected to the command of the one who possesses the legendary military ring — Inertia.

It was said to have more bearing than the scepter. In their history, when you control the whole military world, you control the kingdom. Normally, a king possesses both the ring and the scepter having the ultimate power. But after the Akilah reign, King Reuben Jabal didn't obtain it.

The people held their breaths as they thought about how the guards mobilized at Augustine's words. Some thought it made sense since he's the sibling of the queen and a few knew the real reason behind.