(30) Get Comfortable

BAKUGO POV:

I kicked open the door. "MOM. WERE HOME."

No response.

What the hell- why isn't she answering me?

I walked in and circled around the kitchen until I came across a yellow post-it note.

~Staying at work late tonight, I left some cold rice in the fridge, so if you get hungry feel free to heat it up. I love you both-- don't stay up too late :>! XOXO~

Y/n squealed. "Awww your mom is literally so sweet!" "Eh." I shrugged. "Whatever-- if you say so." She gave me a silent side eye. "Man, I would kill to have a mother like that. KILL."

I sighed. "Well, what do you want to do? I'm honestly kinda tired so let's not do something that takes up too much energy." She rubbed her chin, pondering my question. "Hmmm...how about a movie!" "Alright," I said. "what kind?" "Huh?" she stared at me dumbfounded. "What genre dorkface!" I asked again. "Oh." she smirked. "Horror if you're up for it." 

"If I'M up for it?!" I laughed. "Don't be crying on me when the scary parts come on! Were watching... "A Day In Hell" with the lights OFF." 

I loaded the DVD into the video player, smirking back at her. 

"LESSS GOOO!" She yelled. "THIS IS MY KINDA MOVIE!" She used one leg and hopped over the couch landing on the gray cushions placed on my left. 

"Move over." I reached for the bag of popcorn on her lap but she swatted my hand away, sticking a fistful of popcorn into her mouth. "Get your own porcupine!"

I yelled furiously at her as my eyebrows narrowed. "What?! Do you have a death wish or something?!" I pulled her ear. "YOU REALIZE THAT IS MY POPCORN RIGHT?!"

"OW!" She leaned backwards as she stuck her tongue out at me. 

"Finders keepers, losers weepers!"This girl..."YOU FUCKING-" She put a finger to my mouth, "Shut up hoe, the movie is starting." 

~~

After about 2 hours into the movie she layed her head down on my lap. 

I instinctively smiled, but then covered my mouth in an effort to hide it. "Y/n... W-what are you d-doing..?" My eyes widened in shock and my heart hammered against my rib cage as she stared straight into my eyes, slowly removing my hands from in front of my face. 

"Ya know..you look hotter when you smile like that." Eh?! I flicked her forehead. "Are you trying to say I'm hot?" She paused and shrugged as her lips slightly parted. "I dunno, you tell me." 

I yanked at her hair as a slight smirk spread across my face. "You're so weird you know that? My thighs aren't pillows.." "Mhm.." She pinched my leg. "S-Shut up and stay like this, j-just for a little bit.." She kept a focused gaze on the television, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Whatever." I said. "Just get comfortable."