(70) Heartbreak Melody

BAKUGO POV: 

The ride back to UA felt insanely fast and before I knew it we were already back. Every first year was immediately sent into the auditorium as soon as we arrived. 

I ran inside but Toga quickly followed behind and took the seat directly next to me. "Haha..don't think you're getting away..!" No matter where I turned, someone always shot me a dirty look. It was a first for me, and it felt like I could hear all the gossip swirling around me. Oddly enough, it made me think of Y/n..and everything we went through just to be with each other. 

I smiled, but when I realized she was no longer beside me, my smile faded. Dammit..this sucks! I looked up at the ceiling still thinking about Y/n. How was she doing? Where was she now? Did she already move on? "Shit.." I sighed. I have to get my mind off her..

Today was the day I would finally go and get Eri..but like the end of the prophecy..I'm not sure what exactly is going to happen to me. I may die, I may not. But somebody will..

Interrupting my thought process, the really loud guy with the mic showed up. "HELLO FIRST YEARS OF UA! WE'VE GOT JUST A FEW PERFORMERS TODAY, HERE TO MAKE A POINT OR BROADCAST THEIR TALENTS. MAKE SOME NOISE AS OUR FIRST UP IS...."

I sat back in my seat unamused as time continued to pass and a majority of people I've never even seen before performed. "AND FOR OUR LAST PERFORMANCE..WE WILL HAVE A SINGER. LET'S HEAR IT FOR Y/N!!" I jolted up in my seat. "Y/n?! She's gonna sing?"

Y/N POV:

My heart pounded against my chest and thoughts raced inside my head.

I had one goal and one goal only. "To reach him."

I nervously walked up to the mic..finding Bakugo amidst the crowd. My hands fumbled over the microphone but my heart stayed strong as I tapped the mic. "Testing..testing.. Okay good." 

Everyone erupted in laughter, but eventually the laughter died down. "Before I start..I would like to say that.. many of you already know me..not personally but from exaggerated things you hear about me from other people who influence your perception of me. Following that logic...I'm sure you've all heard about what recently happened..and it all shows that..yeah, I'm not invincible. I'm not perfect. I'm human too and I can feel pain and experience heartbreak.. So these 2 songs are dedicated to him.." I paused and locked eye contact with Bakugo. "I hope I can reach you.."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in as the beginning of the song began and the once eager auditorium went dead silent. 

(Song: Tearin' Up My Heart by NSYNC) [I'm not going to use the full song]

"Baby, I don't understand..
Just why we can't be lovers..
Things are getting out of hand..
Trying too much, but baby, we can't win..!"

Before I knew it, the words had taken over, flying out of my mouth as I became engrossed in the melody and my shoulders finally relaxed. The more I sang, the more everyone in the audience turned to face each other in awe, looking shocked. "Your voice is beautiful," they seemed to scream. All of this gave me the motivation to keep singing.

"Let it go..
If you want me, boy, let me know..!
I am down on my knees..
I can't take it anymore!!"

Singing was what made me happy though I was always more of a sing-in-the-shower kind of person.. But somewhere along the line..I ended up being caught in the melody of music and the emotion it conveyed. Beat, tone, word choice..all of it.

Singing was a powerful skill, and that's what captivated me the most about it. 

"It's tearin' up my heart when I'm with you..!
But when we are apart, I feel it too!!
And no matter what I do, I feel the pain..
With or without you..!"