DREAM TWENTY EIGHT

"Hyung," the older Shin Yoosung called out towards the (h/c) haired male, "what did you do?"

"I just used my skill to dodge Shin Yoosung," Y/N smiled while lying through his teeth. 

"Lies," the flood disaster grit her teeth. "Even if that was true, what is so different about this round than the others aside from some random alive people? Why is he the one that makes you want to live? Normally, you'd just stand there and die without even trying to dodge!" 

"Shin Yoosung," the (h/c) haired male ignored the catastrophe's words, "you want me dead and just tried to kill me so, it's fair if I return your attack with my own right?" Y/N unsheathed his sword and stabbed the ground.

[The skill 'Fallen Crown' has been activated]

Ghostly soldiers appeared behind the (h/c) haired male, ready to follow his orders.  

"I've always been amazed by that skill hyung," commented the flood disaster, "I've also always wanted to know if your army or mind was stronger." Creatures resembling mummies appeared from a large golden light that is most likely a portal created by the older Shin Yoosung. "Grab him," the mummies rushed towards the (h/c) haired male.

'How can your power go against the power of someone who's suffered longer than you?'  the (h/c) haired male's eyes turned dull, remembering all the things he went through. Y/N lifted his hand up and the ghostly knights behind him merged and formed a large knight. 

"It seems you've gained a new skill hyung," said the flood disaster.

'No,'  thought Kim Dokja who was fully aware of the (h/c) haired male's skills, 'this skill... I've never heard of it before.'

"Shin Yoosung, let me show you..." a wide smile appeared on Y/N's face, "the power of a f*cking God!"  His sanity... was no longer stable. Y/N seemed fine before however, it seemed like all the troubles that he supressed had surpassed its limit. Every emotion that he had felt whether it be anger, sadness, anxiousness, stress or even happiness was all released in one go. 

"You've lost it!" shouted the flood disaster, having trouble keeping up with the large knight's attacks. 

'Lost it?'  the (h/c) haired male mentally chuckled, 'I've never lost anything aside from freedom! Everyone around only knew how to demand things of me. They asked me for help, they asked me to live, they asked me all sorts of things and had expectations for me. Even you asked me why I didn't live for you but, isn't that my choice? It's my life and my own free will!'  he thought.

"Shin Yoosung, I've been sleeping for a while now. I've dreaming of a paradise but now I'm fully awake!" smiled the (h/c) haired male.  

"Y/N- argh..." Kim Dokja looked down to see sword stabbed right into his stomach. "Y/N...?" the reader questioned. 

"Hyung," Y/N placed his hand on Kim Dokja's cheek, "I can't do this anymore. I want to find my own happiness but I owe others so many promises."

'Then is your way of giving up killing me?!'  Kim Dokja really wanted to curse at the (h/c) haired male but only a cough of blood came out of his mouth.

"I know your ability hyung," Y/N's words made Kim Dokja's shocked. "I know that you can save them after I kill you. Power is exchanged with sacrifice and redemption is payed with an equal price so," Y/N place his and around his neck, "let's call it even yeah?" Kim Dokja's eyes widened witnessing the (h/c) haired male's neck explode. 

'That idiot...'  thought Kim Dokja before his eyes slowly closed. 

'I'm sorry hyung,'  thought Y/N. When all his emotions were let out, he felt that things were extremely unfair, especially after witnessing what happens if that strange constellation stops watching. He found it bullsh*t that he and the others couldn't exist if someone doesn't watch over them or reads their story- he finds it unfair that his world would shatter without a reader. He already has a reader, and it is  ̶K̶i̶m̶ ̶D̶o̶k̶j̶a̶   Kim Joonghyun. His reader was the only one he needs to survive, not some random creature that he doesn't even know. It felt like that mysterious entity was the true 'God' of this world however, Y/n refuses to acknowledge that the only way he could survive and exist is through the eyes of that constellation.  

Amidst all that anger, he felt like someone grabbed his head to look at Kim Dokja, whispering 'kill him' in his ear. The emotions that became a rippling mess inside him made him mentally weak and easy to manipulate which was the main drive for him to kill Kim Dokja. The words and phantom-like touches felt so wrong however, it was so gentle and sweet that it almost felt right  without leaving behind a doubt. 

'No...'  Yoo Joonghyuk who had just witnessed the death of his two companions felt something snap in front of him. It wasn't the first time that he's lost people close to him however, he doesn't know what happens after 'death' aside from regression. He knows that the (h/c) haired male can come back to life but, he doesn't know if he would do it again this time since Y/N killed himself willingly and he doesn't know if Kim Dokja can come back to life or not. If what Y/N wants is a reason to revive, then Yoo Joonghyuk knows that he can't be that reason. He has never been a 'good enough reason' for Y/n to come back to him alive...

"Captain, this round doesn't seem so different after all," spoke the flood disaster. "It doesn't matter how different your regression is at the start because it will all fall in the end. There's no hope for this world and neither is this world worth saving anymore. Y/N-hyung will always end up dead no matter what you do."

Yoo Joonghyuk stayed silent, deep in his thoughts as the mummies grab him. Just before the disaster could kill him, Lee Gilyoung and Shin Yoosung charged forward. Even though they had nothing to do with Yoo Joonghyuk this round, they felt as if Y/N had left Yoo Joonghyuk to them before killing both Kim Dokja and himself. 

Lee Gilyoung and Shin Yoosung weren't so weak however, the flood disaster was way stronger but luckily, before the flood disaster could kill anyone, Kim Dokja stopped her by controlling her body. He gave her memories that she did not remember, memories of what he and Y/N had given this round's Shin Yoosung. The unfamiliar memories made the flood disaster go mad.

Kim Dokja then revived soon after, surprising everyone before copying the flood disaster's skills and defeating her however, he did not kill her. Instead he reached his arm out to her. The dokkaebi did not accept this and forced the flood disaster to attack the others. Once again, she was defeated, one of her final thoughts being 'I don't want to die.' 

Y/N who had revived without the others knowing stood in the background. He witnessed everything and saw everyone's tears, anger and the flood disaster turning into what looked like ashes. After everyone left, he knelt down at the spot that the flood disaster use to be. 

"I didn't get to say goodbye but, I hope this is enough for you." That day, the (h/c) haired male left the island with a packet of pockey laying on the ground behind him. 

'I'll see you in the next round if this is really all hopeless like you said Shin Yoosung.'

TO BE CONTINUED...

_______________________________________

Hey everyone, sorry I didn't update last week, I had exams coming up. Also, this chapter is really rushed from the plot to the writing and I apologies for that. This is unedited so you might find a few errors. 

Have a wonderful day/evening/night everyone
Stay safe, have fun and enjoy life

Idiotic lazyass author out ✌ peace