The Hot Chick 2002

Boys are cheats and liars, they're such a big disgrace, they will tell you anything to get to second base- ball baseball he thinks he's gonna score. If you let him go all the way then you are a horiculture studies flowers, geologist studies rocks. All he really wants is a place to put his cock- roaches, beetles, butterflies and bugs. Nothing makes him happier than a giant pair of jugglers and acrobats and dancing bears named chuck. All boys really want to do forget it no such luck!

My Summary: I went my whole adolescent life without watching this amazing movie! I have since rectified my mistakes. Rachel McAdams, Anna Faris, and Ashley Simpson in a movie together is absolute magic. This movie is about a girl named Jessica who is the most popular girl in her school. She has a awesome loving boyfriend, a group of pretty friends, and is on track to becoming prom queen. That's until she steals a pair of earrings from a antique shop, drops one, and ends up switching bodies with a male criminal. She then has to figure out how to get her body back.

Official summary: Not only is Jessica Spencer (Rachel McAdams) the most popular girl in school -- she is also the meanest. But things change for the attractive teen when a freak accident involving a cursed pair of earrings and a chance encounter at a gas station causes her to switch bodies with Clive (Rob Schneider), a sleazy crook. Jessica, in the form of the repulsive Clive, struggles to adjust to this radical alteration and sets out to get her own body back before the upcoming prom.

My thoughts: Some things in this movie, I'll admit didn't age well. Like some of the racial stereotypes, and the fact they had a "high schooler" kissing a grown ass man, but one message I really liked was the message of acceptance and being proud of who you are. Like Jessica's little brother seems to be queercoded and Jessica doesn't judge him on it, doesn't try to change him and even supports him when he gets bullied. He also knew from the beginning that his sister was trapped in a man's body and he said he loved her for who she is and wouldn't tell on her.

Rotten Tomatoes Score: 21% tomato meter and 59% Audience score.

IMDb score: 5.5/10

My score: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Where to find: Amazon Prime