Chapter 9: Three Months Away

"Okay, you two have your passports, luggage, emergency first-aid kits, everything?" Scott asked his daughter and son-in-law who were waiting at the stables.
"Yes, Dad. We have everything. We'll call you as soon as we reach Kapolei," Stella reassured with a nod.
"Ah, this is just so weird. I won't be able to see you in three months."
"I'll be back just in time for my recharge date, I promise," Stella reassured as she gave her Dad a hug.
"I know you will. If anything happens, please call me on my cell, okay?" Scott said as the two grabbed their luggage.
"Don't worry, Dad. We will," Stella reassured.
"Stella, don't forget your toothbrush," Carol called as she ran over and handed Stella her green toothbrush.
"Thanks, Mama Carol. I almost forgot it," Stella said with a giggle as she placed it in her bag.
"That's what Moms are for. They make sure their kids don't forget their things," said Carol. The two exchange a hug and Stella did her two finger salute before her and Bernard dissolved in silvery dust and arrived at the nearest airport.
"I don't understand, why couldn't we just teleport to Kapolei?" asked Bernard.
"Well, one: I want us to experience being on a plane for the first time and two, we could be seen and I'd rather not be caught by authorities and experimented on," Stella replied as the two entered the airport.
Once they arrived at Kapolei, they checked into their hotel. They managed to book a Honeymoon suit, which was as romantic as it sounds.
"So, what do you want to do first?" asked Stella. "We could go to the beach, go on a boat and go whale watching, sight-seeing, it's all up to you."
"Well, I haven't been to the beach before, so I think that would be nice," Bernard replied.
"Okay, let's go change into our bathing suits," Stella said as she grabbed her suitcase and zipped it open. She took out a green one piece and headed to the bathroom. Bernard took out some candy cane striped trunks and put them on. Stella came out in a swimsuit cover with her green suit under it and Bernard put on a t-shirt.

 Stella came out in a swimsuit cover with her green suit under it and Bernard put on a t-shirt

"Okay, you sure you're ready for the beach? We can start out in the hotel swimming pool if you'd like," Stella said as she grabbed a beach bag

"No, that's okay. Plus, chlorine isn't good for our sparkle," Bernard replied.
"Okay. Just stay clear of anything living that isn't human," Stella said with a chuckle as her and Bernard left the hotel room.