十七𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣十七

Chapter Seventeen: You Must Master a Single ThingW/C: 1711

Chapter Seventeen:
You Must Master a Single Thing
W/C: 1711

Miyake tilted his head impatiently, not very fazed by the demon mother's words about Rui being up on the mountain, as he had already known. He waited patiently, however, as Tanjiro had a quarter life crisis about Kibutsuji's blood.

Miyake was still uncomfortable now knowing the truth about Muzan's infatuation with the Hashira, at first Miyake believed that perhaps the reason Muzan wanted him because he was powerful and slightly a secret weapon.

Or maybe, Muzan wanted him because he was familiar with Misake through reincarnation. Miyake would've never guessed Muzan was in love with him, regardless of Miyake's gender.

It irked Miyake in a way, he shook his head with a look of uncomfortable disgust as he peddled around after Tanjiro, the young slayer running to find Inosuke. Miyake was unamused and truthfully didn't really have the urge to find the boar head. Though Miyake disgruntledly followed Tanjiro along the disrupted and eerie pathway.

"So, did you defeat it?"

Tanjiro ignored him, "Are you all right, Inosuke?"

Inosuke huffed out, mildly embarrassed by the boy's kindness, and infuriated with his lack of acknowledgement towards his curious words, "I asked whether you defeated that thing or not!"

Miyake rolled his dull eyes, crossing his arms, making a strong and protective grip around his own chest, "Dumbass, yes, he did. Now, how are you feeling? You did get slashed, and you are losing a lot of blood there." Miyake comically pointed towards the boar's dripping arms.

Inosuke intwined his arms above his head, waving his swords dramatically as he yelled out, "You two don't go showering me with your sensitivity and kindness! You hear me? Got that?"

Miyake sneered, "Inosuke, shut the fuck up and let Tanjiro-kun worry. I could honestly, probably, care less about your wounds right at the moment."

"Onii-chan!"

"WHAT? ITS TRUE!"

A wild huff from the boar and a heated growl, "I DONT CARE! Because anything you two can do, I can do better! Before you know it, my head will be harder than yours!" He pointed his blade at Tanjiro, then turned and pointed his other one at Miyake, "And I will be faster than you!"

Miyake kissed his teeth, "You're rattling and slurring your words like an old drunk, you're severely wounded, Inosuke. Allow Tanjiro to wrap it in peace."

Miyake's ears and aura perked up as he heard gentle scratches coming from the box, he looked at the two quarreling boys and then back at the box, noticing that no one else seemed to take attention to the noises hidden beneath the heavy atmosphere of pain and confusion.

Miyake whispers a sweet melody under his breath, gentle enough for the gracious wind to carry it amongst the box, but controlled and strong enough to will it never to go further into any leering ears. Miyake smiled slightly as the noises ceased, and all he could focus on was the delicate sound of a swift move of rattling wisteria charms.