四十五Forty-Five四十五

{words: 1450} 

"Tanjiro don't-!"

Before Miyake's sullen words could be heard by a panicked Tanjiro, the young demon slayer readied his blade and cut through the demon's face, stopping him from an upcoming attack but also unintentionally creating another demon clone.

The demon isn't fazed by Tanjiro's blast attacks, and rather, prepares his clone for another attack. Raising up his leg, the demon shoots down to kill Tanjiro. Tanjiro slides to the left and stabs his blade through the demons mouth. Another limb goes to attack Tanjiro, and Tanjiro once again was able to stab through it. 

The demons full body flies through the air, perpetually aiming another attack at the young slayer, seemingly forgetting about Miyake's presence. Miyake couldn't be forgotten for long, as he dashed forward and sliced the demon's head off. Effectively halting the screech attack, and now understanding the demon's clones, Miyake was ready for battle.

Miyake first looked over Tanjiro, "Are you alright?"

"I'm good, Aniki! But we must get back to Genya and Nezuko!" Tanjiro raises his blade, realizing the limbs aren't on the cold metal surface anymore.

Miyake's tongue rolls inside his mouth in agitation, "I hate demon clones, they are rather annoying." Miyake pointed the end of his blade at the demon, "Tell me, demon, who are you?"

"Uppermoon 4! Urogi is my name, Tatsuo-Sama!!"

Miyake narrowed his eyes as his name fell from the lips of a demon who tried to hurt his younger brother, "I see, then," Miyake swipes his blade forward in an abrasive maneuver, "I'll kill you."

Miyake rolls forward, dodging a half-witted attack from the screeching demon. Miyake sliced the two demon's heads off cleanly, the only thing Tanjiro was able to see from the attack was the motion of Miyake's lips as they formed words Tanjiro hadn't heard in a while. 

"God Breathing, Sixth Form; Waves of Poseidon..." Miyake stood alone on the battlefield, the demon's bodies lying beneath his feet, "As you keep cloning, I'll just keep killing you." He bent down and picked up one of the clones' heads, "There's more of you, aren't there?"

Tanjiro couldn't believe the sheer power Miyake held. While Tanjiro had seen Miyake fight before, something was different now, Miyake's aura and battle sense were completely different from what they once were. Tanjiro smiled to himself, had those reincarnations finally left Miyake alone?

Tanjiro briefly remembered the first time he met the reincarnations, when that beautiful gold blade penetrated through Miyake's heart, and nothing seemed to happen. Tanjiro shuddered at the thought of meeting them again.

"H-How..."

The way Miyake moved now was more open and free, like the heavy chains around his wrists and ankles were set free. Miyake's movements as he performed his breathing technique were deliberate, they looked natural and elegant. Tanjiro raised his sword, and prepared to fight alongside his brother.

Suddenly, before the real battle began, Miyake noticed one of the demons flying through the air by his own attack. Miyake blinked for a moment before realizing Genya and Nezuko, the two demon siblings, were carrying their own.

Miyake determinedly gazed at Tanjiro, "Come on, Ototo-Kun."

"Hai, Aniki!"

"Fighting these clones will be useless since they won't die," Miyake strategizes in his head, "so we need to make it to the others, hurry up Ototo!" Miyake began running toward the cabin.

Tanjiro froze for a minute as Miyake bluntly left him with the uppermoon, paling slightly as he saw Miyake getting further and further away. Tanjiro quickly regained his composure and hurriedly ran after his brother, the two demon clones close behind them.