Chapter 11 - Proposal

Kalindi subconsciously nodded her head as if a student understood what the teacher was teaching them. Seeing her nodding her head like an obedient child, Abhyuday sighed and then said, "Eat".  She simply started to eat her food while looking at him time to time.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After the breakfast, Yuvraj Abhyuday went away, leaving Kalindi to her thoughts.  Kalindi was deep in her thoughts, when the three maids entered the room.  How much ever Kalindi thought about it, she couldn't derive any conclusions from his words and actions. So she left it at that and focused on what Lekha was saying.  "Yuvrani, Was Yuvraj angry with you?", Lekha questioned her.  Although He ordered for their breakfast, they couldn't help the fear, which crept into them through all the rumours and the incident of the courtesan which they saw by themselves.  Kalindi sighed and said, "Yes, Yuvraj is angry with me".  Hearing this, Rekha and Lekha got panicked but Gopi didn't react.  To put a stop to their fear, Kalindi said, "Both of you calm down.  He is angry with me because I kept mum throughout the incident without claiming my rights as the Yuvrani.  That's what he said".  Now both the maids have calmed down and Kalindi noticed that Gopi didn't react to anything.  She already guessed that Gopi was the source of information for Yuvraj, as he got to know about her burn which is known to her maids alone.  It was a miracle that the deep burn got cured within two days.  And now, Kalindi could guess how Yuvraj reached the shastrasala when everyone thought he was not there.  Sensing Kalindi's stare, Gopi looked at her once and once again bowed her head.  Kalindi couldn't say that Gopi had betrayed her as from day one, she knows that Gopi was appointed by Yuvraj himself.  So what is Gopi's mistake in this?  Leaving this aside, Kalindi departed to check her garden before lunch.

Everyone completed their dinner and retired to their rooms.  Kalindi also went to her room and prepared to sleep.  She dismissed Gopi for the day as usual while Lekha and Rekha helped her to do the nightly routine.  Kalindi instructed these two about their duties for tomorrow before they could start their usual work.  And then the maids went away leaving Kalindi to sleep.  On the other hand, Abhyuday completed checking the finance books submitted by his trusted warrior and left his study room when it was nearly midnight.  After changing his clothes for sleep, he went to the bathroom to complete his daily ritual, which is staring at his sleeping wife through the attached door without a lock. And that wife of his, would sleep without a care in the world.  Abhyuday sighed at his thought as he had already seen that she wouldn't wake up even if he touch her.  All these days since their marriage, he had always checked upon her before he goes to sleep, while not coming into her room and standing at the entrance of the bathroom. Although her star shaped mole near her naval made him want to touch it again and feel the softness once again after their wedding night, he didn't make a move.  Abhyuday convinced himself that he is just making sure whether she is alright as she is his responsibility after their marriage.  When Gopi told him abuut the cooking on first day, he was enraged but waited for her to take any step, atleast in her anger.  But he was disappointed when she did nothing and just silently encouraged Oormila to proceed further.

Sighing at her silent and enduring nature, he went away to his room for sleep.  He could have simply spent his night in her room just like their wedding night, but he didn't want to give her any hope about having a normal marriage.  Especially when he has a strong dislike for submissive women.  But what he didn't understand is that his dislike for her visibly submissive character is slowly getting transformed into protectiveness for her. 

The same night, on the other side of the palace, the King had got to know about the incident and scolded Oormila as he could see that she is at fault.  When Oormila's son Kaushal tried to intervene his father, Oormila stopped him and apologized to the King with crocodile tears.  The King simply asked her to apologize to Kalindi and went away to his chamber. The next morning came and today Oormila didn't make any fuss and kept silence.