Chapter 44 - Reality

Laksh said, "Yuvrani, I can only see the cut off tongue.  Nothing else".  Abhyuday also took a look but couldn't find anything.  Kalindi asked them to smell near the mouth and both the men took a sniff.  Abhyuday said, "It smells like some kind of fragrance".  Kalindi nodded and said, "Yes, it's a fragrance of a flower".

-----------------------------------------------------------

They went back to their study chamber and Kalindi ordered Rekha to bring a flower from her special garden.  Kalindi said, "This is one rare kind of flower which I collected from the fair, that happened during the time of the car festival of Goddess Meenakshi".  Abhyuday remembered the fair where he got to know about her hidden abilities.  Then Kalindi continued with the knowledge she got from Rekha who bought the flower from a foreign trader in the fair, "This flower will have good fragrance when the essence is taken and sprayed on human body.  But when it is consumed by people, it won't kill immediately but exactly after 3 days, they will die.  Till then the fragrance will be evident in their breath".

Laksh said, "That means, these assassins are fed with this flower paste, a day before the actual assassination attempt and it took two days after we catch them, for them to die".  Kalindi nodded with a serious face and said, "And you need to know about the origin of this flower.  Don't you?".  She smirked at them both and then told whatever remaining information Rekha told her about the flower and it's origin. 

Later Laksh went out to check upon the captive while the Royal couple was left alone.  Kalindi was thinking seriously about something when Abhyuday hugged her from her back.  Kalindi asked in a whisper, "Don't forget where we are right now, Yuvraj".  Although her hands held his, she didn't make any effort to unwrap them from her waist.  He kissed her neck deeply which made her suck in a breath and abruptly she was turned around and her lips were captured by his, in a fierce kiss.  Kalindi had to push him away to take a breath and asked while still trying to catch her breath, "What was that, Yuvraj?". 

Abhyuday pulled her by her waist while she kept some distance between their faces, he caressed her cheeks and said, "Well, my Yuvrani seems to forget things.  Did you forget about my rewards, Yuvrani?  Especially today I'm beyond happy because you have solved my years long mystery.  And now there is no barrier between me and my enemy.  And now no one will stop from finishing off what I have started years ago".  His mood changed quickly remembering the past and Kalindi pecked his lips to bring him back to the present.  He hugged her and said, "Take care of yourself.  I can take care of the other things outside, so don't worry about that.  I wish I hadn't announced your pregnancy.  But the truth is somewhat unexpected which is why I didn't think the announcement will be an issue". 

Abhyuday pulled apart and kissed her forehead.  Kalindi said, "Now Bhai's letter makes sense, isn't it?".  Abhyuday thought about Parth's letter and nodded.  He said, "It's very clear now.  They are nearing us much faster than I expected".  He went away saying, "I need to check upon our preparation".  Kalindi went to her room to take some rest, just then Lekha came in to inform that Princess Ruthira had come.  Kalindi went to her other chamber to meet the princess and a maid came to deliver some snacks.  While Ruthira was delaying the conversation by eating the snacks, Kalindi asked the maid, "How is your sister doing?".  The maid trembled at the question and stuttered, "Y..Yuvrani, she is fine".

Kalindi nodded and then continued, "Don't worry, I will allocate some work which doesn't require both hands.  I think she can go for gardening works.  She can work with her one hand there".  The maid trembled and said, "Sure, Yuvrani".  Then she went off leaving Kalindi and Ruthira alone.  Ruthira discarded the talks about the maid and was about to speak when Kalindi started, "Princess Ruthira, do you know what happened to the maid's sister, about whom I was talking about?".