Chapter 40 - Share

Oormila was walking back and forth in her chamber thinking about the upcoming event and the consequences of her actions if got caught.  All these things keep running in her mind all the time, not letting her sleep. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

It has been two weeks since Abhyuday and Kalindi found out about the potential pregnancy and the marriage talk of Nitara.  Kalindi didn't like how Abhyuday always turning into silent mode whenever she talks about the baby.  Right now, both of them were cuddling on the bed and Kalindi sighed and asked the same question again for the nth time, "Yuvraj, Are you really not happy with our child?".   Abhyuday replied once again, "Yuvrani, I really don't have any problem about having a child".  

Kalindi had it enough and sat up and climbed out of the bed.  Abhyuday too sat up in confusion seeing her getting out of bed and went to her side while she put on her slippers.  He grabbed her arm and turned her towards him and asked, "Where are you going at this time of the night.  She didn't reply to him and just moved to the balcony which is a shared one between her old chamber and his chamber, now their chamber.  Within a few minutes, Kalindi felt a warm shawl wrapping around her but didn't turn towards him.  Now both of them were looking at the dark forest while neglecting the full moon shining up in the sky. 

After a few moments of silence, Abhyuday took her hand in his but didn't say anything.   Kalindi spoke after a moment getting cooled down with his hand caressing hers, "I didn't ask you whether you have a problem or not.  I asked you whether you are happy...or not".  It hurt her to think that he might not be happy with their child.  Kalindi had always wanted a child of her own.  May be because people reminded her time and again that she didn't belong to her position of a princess as she was an illegitimate child.  And those relations she had at her home were not hers to begin with, although the king was her own father.  This thing had registered in her mind when she was very young, that no amount of love from her brother or mother can erase this feeling of outcast. 

The only thing she expected from this marriage, when their union was fixed, was that she can have her own child.  Now that it is possibly happening, she couldn't be anymore happy.  The unexpected thing from this marriage is the love they shared as a couple.  Now She is not happy just with her child, she wants her husband in each step of her life.  To be there for her, support her and get happy with her happiness.  

When Abhyuday didn't reply anything to her question, Kalindi said, "I know that you had a very bitter experience regarding your siblings birth.  But I request you to look past that.  I'm sure, our child will be healthy and will bring all the happiness to our lives.  I will make sure of it".  While saying the last line, Kalindi's voice hardened remembering what all Oormila did to the former Queen of Rakshatra.  Abhyuday sighed and pulled her in his embrace and kissed her forehead and wiped the remnant tears.  Then he said in a soft voice, "I'm not worried about the baby.  But I'm scared to lose you.  I don't want to lose another loved one to childbirth". 

Kalindi looked at him and just smiled.  She told, "I can understand your worries but don't think about negative outcomes.  Think of the positive outcome, we both will have a cute baby to love.  Our child will have a great and happy childhood with both the parents unlike us".  Abhyuday kissed her lips passionately and left only when she felt out of breathe.  He cupped her face and said with a small smile, "Ok, I will not think negatively ".  Then both of them hugged each other and spent sometime in the balcony in silence, but a comfortable silence.

Next day, Abhyuday called for the Vaidh again and asked him to check Kalindi again.  This time, the Vaidh said, "Yuvraj, now I can clearly feel the pulse.  Congratulations Yuvraj, you are going to be a father.  Congratulations Yuvrani".  The vaidh said professionally without any exaggeration which is the reason why Abhyuday kept him by his side.  After the confirmation, Laksh and the Vaidh went away congratulating the Royal couple.  When they left the chamber, Laksh bumped into Rekha who was coming to take some vessels.  When they apologized to one another, Rekha identified that it was Laksh and not Barath.  Laksh immediately left the place while Rekha was trying to calm down her breathe which goes high whenever they meet.  Later both carried on their works.

Inside the chamber, Abhyuday sat beside Kalindi and took her hands to kiss it and then they side hugged while still laying on the bed. Kalindi had a sweet smile on her face while Abhyuday too sported a smile for the first time on hearing the news of their baby.  They didn't talk anything for sometime and then Kalindi asked, "When are we going to announce it to everyone?".  Abhyuday went stiff for a moment and then said, "You have not completed 3 months yet.  So we will announce after the completion of 3 months of pregnancy".  She nodded at him and thought that she has to be precautious all the time.

Next one month went by and Kalindi regularly went to practice with occasional morning sickness and tiredness.   Initially when Kalindi asked Abhyuday regarding the practice during pregnancy, he replied, "Yuvrani, Do you know who is Abhimanyu from Mahabharat?".   She replied in affirmation, "Yes, He was the son of Arjuna and Shubadra.  Nephew of Shri Krishna and Balarama".  He asked further, "What happened to him at the end?".  She replied, "He died in chakravyuh at the mere age of sixteen because he knew the strategy to enter the chakravyuh but not on how to return back ".

Abhyuday nodded and said, "Just like Abhimanyu, I want our child to learn even when they are in the womb.  But unlike Abhimanyu, I don't want our child to have any incomplete knowledge which could cost them a lot.  That's why I insist on teaching you even while being pregnant.  Also I know that you shouldn't do strenuous work at this stage of pregnancy, which is the reason why I have cut down the number of techniques to practice as well as the type of techniques".  Kalindi looked at him for a few seconds and then dropped off the subject as she thought that it was very unrealistic expectation.  Now it had already been a month since then.

On the other hand, Maharaj had informed them that the Royal family of Kambhoj will arrive soon to fix the marriage of Nitara.  Since the Kingdom is located on the east and they have to travel through the sea, it might take almost a month for their ship to reach Rakshatra.  While the preparations for the engagement is going on, Kalindi started to struggle with her morning sickness or in her case night sickness, as she feels all good and normal in the morning for her to go and practice but in the night she couldn't keep her dinner down.  Rekha and Lekha along with Gopi looks after her health carefully ever since they got to know that their Yuvrani is pregnant.  Tonight is one such night when Kalindi couldn't keep her dinner even for 10 minutes.  So Abhyuday asked her, "You have so much knowledge about herbs and all right.  Why don't you use some herb to help with this problem?". 

Kalindi replied, "I keep the collection of unique flowers and plants.  Not the normal herbs of regular medicinal purpose".  While Rekha was helping Kalindi to remove her jewelleries for the night, Lekha replied to his concern, "Yuvraj, We got the medicine from the Vaidh ji when we went for practice today.  He told us that it will reduce the feeling of nausea.  But seems like it is not that effective".  Abhyuday nodded at her and immediately went out.

After sometime, he came back to the chamber with a plate full of fruits and fed Kalindi himself.  Although Kalindi protested initially afraid of the nausea, she ate whatever fruit he fed her.  Every fruit was of different taste like sweet or sour and it balanced her taste buds avoiding vomitting.   Both of them slept peacefully after a long time as the night sickness was dealt with peacefully atleast for sometime.  Later on, they followed the same method to save her energy during night as she need not worry about dinner hereafter.

Glossary:

Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Rajkumar - Prince
Bhai - Brother
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Vaidh ji - Doctor
Chacha - Father's younger brother
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.