Chapter 39 - The News

Kalindi told Maharaj about her ideas regarding the issue discussed in court and he too appreciated her for such a wonderful suggestion and said that they will put forth the idea tomorrow and immediately start the implementation.  All this while, Oormila was silent and neither of them greeted each other.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Coming back to their chamber, Kalindi was in her thoughts.  Abhyuday asked her, "What happened?".  To which she replied, "When I went to see Maharaj, Oormila was also present there with him.  But I have never seen her coming to the King's chamber during this time".  Seeing her frown, Abhyuday said, "Since the King is still recovering from his illness, she may be helping him like a good wife which she tends to showcase.  So don't pressurise your brain anymore on this.  Now come for dinner".  Both of them went to have their dinner on the dining area, when Yuvraj said, "Coming to think of it, my habits are rubbing off you. I noticed that you started calling that woman by her name.  Just like I do". 

Kalindi just rolled her eyes but didn't reply anything and then she heard him say, "Try to be oblivious about the past incidents, infront of her".  Without asking any questions, Kalindi stiffly nodded at him.  When they reached the bed and Kalindi laid down, she felt pain all over her body.  Hearing her groan in pain, Yuvraj asked her, "What happened to you? Are you injured anywhere?".  He tensed for a moment thinking he had injured her during her training session.  She replied with closed eyes, "No I'm not injured.  It's just that this is my first day of training after a long time since coming here.  So my body pains due to muscle stiffness".

Kalindi, who had closed her eyes to sleep, suddenly opened her wide, feeling his hands massaging her shoulders and back.  She turned to him and asked in a whisper, "You need rest.  I will ask my maids to do these tomorrow".  Abhyuday shook his head and said, "You just sleep while I massage your body.  I will stop once you get to sleep ".    Seeing no choice, Kalindi slept with her back to him.  The next week went by quietly with Kalindi going for regular practice and also she mingled with the people there, to an extent which an introvert like her could do.  One day, Abhyuday didn't get time to accompany her due to the interrogation of new assassins that were captured.  So Kalindi being lazy slept off the morning time but she got a lecture from her husband to atleast practice it during the day time by using the jewellery shop entrance.

Kalindi herself doesn't know why she couldn't control her sleep, especially when she got what she wanted for a long time.  And She took Rekha and Lekha too along with her, so that they could also learn something.   When Kalindi came back to her chamber, she felt very tired and laid down on the bed to rest.    By night, Abhyuday came back and saw her sleeping.  He frowned at that since she was not a person to sleep during day unless she was ill.  He went out of the room and asked Rekha, "Why is Yuvrani sleeping at this time?  Is she not feeling good?".  To which the maid replied, "Yuvrani just felt tired after coming from the practice session Yuvraj.  She is sleeping since then".  Abhyuday felt that something was wrong and went towards his study as this is the time usually Laksh will come to report on all of their activities.

When Laksh came in from the window, Abhyuday immediately said, without giving a chance for him to speak, "Laksh, Go and call for our Vaidh ji.  Since Bharat has already recovered, there is no other work for him there.  I need him here urgently".  Laksh went back the same way he came here and after sometime, while Yuvraj was impatiently waiting in his study room, Vaidh ji came in escorted by Laksh.  Although he is a medical practitioner, the Vaidh was also trained in some areas useful for him, which is the reason why they were able to reach quickly.  Abhyuday lead him to his bedroom and went inside alone to check upon Kalindi, who had just woken up and was sitting on the bed Lazily.  He came near her and said that vaidh ji was waiting outside the door, to check on her.  She got up confusedly but adjusted her dress so that he can come inside.  The Vaidh was called in and he greeted her.  Then he checked her pulse which was normal and asked how she was feeling nowadays.

After listening her, Vaidh ji asked, "Yuvrani, when was the last time you had your menstrual cycle?".  To which Kalindi shifted uncomfortably but still answered as it was his work, "It's more than a month.  Approximately, one month and two weeks".  Then he went outside followed by Yuvraj leaving a confused and worried Kalindi behind.  After going inside the study chamber where Laksh was waiting, Yuvraj asked, "What is the matter, Vaidh?  Is there any problem?".  Vaidh ji shook his head and said, "Yuvraj, I suspect that Yuvrani might be with child".   Abhyuday froze for a second and Vaidh ji continued, "All the symptoms like Vomiting, laziness, tiredness, feeling sleepy all the time and above all the one and half month gap is pointing towards this conclusion.  But I would be able to confirm it only after another month Yuvraj.  By then, I will be able to feel the pulse of the child as well".

After that, Vaidh ji and Laksh went away leaving Yuvraj to his thoughts.  Abhyuday just stood in the same place for sometime while trying to digest this information.  Kalindi came there to call him for dinner and seeing him standing with a pale face, she shook his arm to bring him out of his thoughts.  Yuvraj looked at her to see her asking 'What happened?' through her eyes and simply hugged her to calm himself down.   He stepped back after sometime and looked at her for a second and told her, "Vaidh ji suspects that you might be pregnant".  She heard his almost whisper and felt shock for a second before smiling brightly.  While he shook his head and said, "It's not confirmed yet.  So don't get happy soon".  Kalindi controlled her happiness but still her sparkling eyes showed him, how much happy she was to hear this news.

She nodded at him and pulled him with her for dinner.  All the time during dinner, she was feeling giddy and kept caressing her stomach, while he was silent and observing her.  Both laid on the bed to sleep but surprisingly Abhyuday didn't hug her like always and simply laid down on his back.  Contrarily Kalindi came near him and laid her head on his chest while hugging his waist.  Seeing his distant and nonchalant behaviour, Kalindi was scared about their future but she understood his traumatic experience which was not just once but twice.  So she said, "Yuvraj, Don't worry.  We will face anything together".  He kissed her head in reassurance which made her relaxed but soon the relaxed expression turned into a scowl hearing his words, "Sleep now.  You have training early in the morning".

The next morning as usual they went for training and came back.  After the court, Maharaj called for all the family members for an urgent meeting and told, "A proposal came for Nitara".  He looked at his daughter who was blushing at the statement and said with a smile, "Me and Maharani think that this is a good alliance both for the Kingdom as well as our daughter.  So I called them here to do the marriage.  They will reach within a week as they have to travel through the sea.  I just wanted to inform you people.  And since Kaushal's marriage is postponed, till then we can finsih Nitara's marriage".  Everyone nodded their head while Kalindi observed Oormila who was smiling.  Kalindi thought, "This is new because she always smiles that creepy or smirky smile when she is too much happy or achieved something.  But this is just a formal smile. What could be the reason?". 

After returning to their chamber, Kalindi met Yuvraj in his study room and asked, "Yuvraj, Don't you feel Oormila's behaviour to be suspicious?  She didn't even concentrate much on what Maharaj was saying about their daughter's life".  Abhyuday looked at her and said, "Yes, She has been behaving like that for quite sometime now.  And that only indicates that ", he paused for a second and said, "The time is near".  

On the other side, Oormila was walking back and forth in her chamber thinking about the upcoming event and the consequences of her actions if got caught.  All these things keep running in her mind all the time, not letting her sleep. 

Glossary:

Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Rajkumar - Prince
Bhai - Brother
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Vaidh ji - Doctor
Chacha - Father's younger brother
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.