04

+Omniscient+

It was 11:00 am and Dthang had completely forgotten about Von. He had an empty bottle of Taylor Port in one hand, and his phone in the other.

He struggled to get up, breaking the bottle as he forced himself off of the floor. Blood was dripping from the cut on his hand where the glass was stuck.

He held his hand as he staggered down the hallway, toward the room where he had left Dayvon.

He unlocked the door, seeing that Von was gone. Dthang walked over to the window, carefully avoiding the broken glass that was on the floor.

The wooden chair that was previously placed in the corner of the room was now lying outside, along with the window screen.

Dthang rolled his eyes, exiting the room. He wasn't mad, hell he couldn't be.

He wasn't worried about it too much, he had enough going on with Durk already to be dealing with other people.

He sat down on the bed, crawling under the covers to take a short nap before going to the hospital to visit Durk.

Von on the other hand was cleaning the apartment, music playing loudly in his ears. He was watching Rell and Sky closely, making sure Rell didn't try any weird shit.

Rell was staring at Skylar as she played on her tablet. He tapped the ashes of the cigarette on the table that had just been cleaned, taking a couple more puffs.

To Dayvon it seemed like he had only turned his back for a few seconds before feeling a slow burning pain on the back of his arm.

He flinched, dropping everything that he had in his hands.

"Next time I'll shoot you, and won't think nothing about it" Rell said, throwing the rest of the cigarette to the ground.

He stood up, grabbed his car keys, and walked out of the apartment door, leaving it wide open.

Von rubbed his finger over the fresh wound, trying not to itch it.

He looked over to Skylar who was still playing on her tablet with her headphones in. He checked the wound one more time before walking over to close the door.

He walked to the couch, laying next to Skylar. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, seeing multiple texts from an unknown number.

773-***-***

Wya??

I wanna see you, we met yesterday. Durk?

Home

Wsp? What you need?

I'm tryna take you on a date lil mama, tomorrow?

•Messages end•

Dayvon rolled his eyes at the message, putting his phone on do not disturb. He didn't have time for anyone other than Skylar, and he also didn't want to be involved with Durk and his crazy ass brother.

Someone began to knock on the door at that moment, startling Skylar a bit. They continued to beat on the door harder each time until Dayvon finally got up to see who it was.

He opened the door, being greeted with a tight hug from his younger sister and big cousin. They pulled away, disappointed by the look on his face.

"Damn you not happy to see us??" Baylo said, throwing his hands up dramatically. He set a suitcase down, walking towards baby Sky to hug her.

"I'm happy, but why she here?" Dayvon asked. He looked Kayla up and down, giving her a look of disgust. He hadn't seen her in years and didn't plan on seeing her ever again.

Kayla rolled her eyes, wrapping her arms around her older brother. "You still mad about that? Stop being so childish"

"I might be childish, but you was talking on my mama and Louie" Von said, pushing her off of him. "I don't care if you think he was a junkie, that's my brudda and you know he was trying to stop" He explained.

"Baylo can stay, yo ass gotta go"

Kayla just rolled her eyes, sitting down on the sofa. "It's a kickback tonight, and you need one night to smoke some weed and relax without worrying about Skylar"

"Leave her here with R-"

"Fuck no, now get out before get out before he come back" Von insisted. Baylo, placed Skylar down, and walked over to Dayvon, starting to inspect his arm.

"What happened here?" He asked, curiously. He put his finger over the fresh wound, running over multiple scars that ran down his arm.

Baylo continue looking at the wounds, stopping at his shoulder. There was a gunshot wound, not fresh but not too old.

Dayvon shook him off, "Damn you nosey"

The room became silent once the door suddenly opened. Rell was standing there, holding a bottle and a cigarette in the same hand. He didn't bother speaking when he came in, immediately going to his room.

"You know you got other siblings that you can stay with, You dumb as hell if you still ain't beat that nigga yet.

"I don't feel like talking about that"

Von stood silent for a minute, finally giving in after thinking about it.

"Where the kickback finna be at?"