12

+Omniscient+

"Wake yo ass up" Von shouted, throwing the cold water onto Durk.

Durk shot up, looking confused before realizing what was happening. "Dayvon, what the fuck" He mumbled, pulling the soaked sheets off of him.

Von cheesed, helping Durk out of bed. "Ian wanna be up alone, and you were snoring".

Durk rolled his eyes, dragging himself to the living room. "Damn ma, it's still dark as hell as outside, why yo ass not sleep?" He said, sleepily.

"Just thinking about stuff, you can go back to sleep, my bad" The younger said, sitting down on the couch.

Durk yawned, stretching a bit. He went back into the bedroom, coming out with dry clothes on. "C'mon ma" He said, gesturing Von to follow him.

Once Von stepped outside, Durk grabbed his keys and locked the door behind him. Von didn't question Durk on where they were going, if it were anyone else, he would think it was a setup.

Von climbed into the passenger side, scrambling through the glove compartment for the pre-rolls that the couple stashed whenever they wanted to smoke.

Durk finally got in on the driver's side, starting up the car. He backed out of the driveway, beginning to drive slowly down the empty street.

"I'm curious, where are we going" Von asked, lighting up the blunt in his hand. He put it up to Durks' lips, watching him take a puff.

"Somewhere you can clear your mind, lil folks, just you and me" Durk said, taking another puff. "You gon love it, promise"

Ah, promises

Von took the blunt back, taking a couple of puffs himself. He already felt the effect of the cannabis settling upon him.

Peace.

Whether he was happy, sad, scared, or angry..this was the solution to it all.

"I guess I do have problems" Von said, ashing the blunt.

Durk pulled up in front of a beautiful park. Although Chicago has its dangers, it's still a beautiful and admirable place.

The pair climbed out of the car, walking hand in hand towards a bridge. At the bridge, they sat on the edge, letting their feet dangle.

"I love Chicago, but I hate it too" Von said. "I don't think I'll ever get the heart to leave"

Durk set the blunt that he held in his hand down, putting that arm around Von. "You could always come back and visit, there's so many things you could do"

"I'm street nigga, the raq all I know" The younger replied. "I do this shit for Skylar, them hits ain't just for fun"

"You're not doing them anymore, trust me" Durk reassured him. "Why you don't let nobody help you? You mine, I gotta take care of you"

"Durk don't nobody want no fucking handout, I don't care how bad I need it!" Von said, raising his voice a bit. "I don't need help, if I play my cards right, Sky straight for life"

Durk sighed, pulling Von closer to him. "See, you only thinking about Skylar"

"What about Dayvon"

Von wished he could let the words go in one ear and out the other but Durk was right.

"Put myself first?" Von mumbled, turning his head towards Durk. "Isn't that selfish"

Durk smiled, pecking Von on the lips. "Depends, but you're not a selfish person"

"You do more for everyone than you do for yourself" Durk said, kissing him again.

"Do you think we moved too fast, got into a relationship too quick" Von asked, laying his head on his lover's shoulder. "I feel like I forced you into this shit, I'm already bringing you problems"

Durk looked down, then back at Von. "You don't know the most of it, I been plotting on you lil folks" He said. "You was mine before you even knew it"

"I love you, I don't care how long we been knowing each other. You mean a lot to me, that's why I'm changing my ways" He finished, planting a kiss on his lover's cheek.

The two fell silent for a moment, both just looking off into the distance.

"I need you and Skylar needs you, I'm tryna take care of both of y'all, and ain't shit gon stop me" Durk assured him, rubbing his back.

"Stay home with me today, you need rest ma" The older said, hugging his lover tighter. "C'mon ma"

Durk helped Von up, putting his arm around him. He waited for Von to get in the car, closing the door for him then getting in himself.

"Thank you, Durk" The younger mumbled, leaning his head against the window. He closed his eyes, quickly falling asleep as Durk drove them back home.

"I love you, with yo lil crazy ass"

Durk turned his eyes back to the road, thinking about how similar he and Von were.

They both had issues, both struggled with emotions.

Durk had his own way of coping with his issues, which he planned on stopping before his lover would find out.

After all, that is what killed his brother.

-
-
-
-
-
this was honestly supposed to be 13 or 14, I have some chapter pre written. Sorry for the wait❤️and I'm sorry if it seems off😭