06

+Omniscient+

"G fuck you cheesin' so hard fa" Baylo asked. "Yo ass can't be that happy to go to school"

Dayvon shook his head at the comment as he slipped Skylars' shoe on. "Go grab yo backpack, hurry up"

"You don't have to ride the CTA bus, I can take you to school while I'm here" Baylo offered.

Dayvon didn't like taking handouts no matter the situation, so he refused. "Preciate it, I'm coo tho"

Baylo shrugged his shoulders, continuing to eat his cereal. Skylar came running out of her room, excited for her first day of school. "Can we go now?"

Dayvon nodded his head, taking her by the hand and leading her outside. He wasn't too excited about having to go back to school, nor was he too excited to leave his sister for 8 hours.

He was more worried about making money to take care of Skylar, school would take time away from that. He didn't want to turn back to his old ways, fearful of going back to jail but for Skylar, he would risk all of it.

He sat down at the bus stop, sitting with Skylar on his lap.

"You gon be good at school today?" Dayvon asked. "I don't need no phone calls, but if them kids fuck witchu bust 'em in they face" He said, pretending to shoot a gun with his fingers.

Skylar mimicked his movements with a big smile on her face. "Can we go to the store today?" She asked, with pleading eyes.

Dayvon wanted to be cautious about how much money he spent, but how could he say no to her?

He nodded his head, knowing he would have to pay the consequences later. He planned on hitting a couple licks, easy money as long he doesn't get caught.

Dayvon started to wonder if he had missed the bus after realizing that it was a few minutes late. He didn't want to wait around to see and Skylars' school was just a couple blocks away.

He stood up, putting Skylar on his shoulders. "Baby we gon walk today, I'll get you a Popsicle on the way"

Skylar wrapped one arm around his neck, pointing at everything she thought was beautiful with the other.

She pointed to this particular flower, begging to get down to get it. Dayvon checked his phone seeing that he had a while before she needed to be at school.

He was willing to be late himself, so he allowed her to get down and pick a couple of flowers.

As he was watching her pick the flowers, he heard a car pulling up behind him.

"We keep running into each other, you know that's a sign lil daddy" Durk said, smiling widely.

"What you doing walking? I can take you wherever you need to be". He offered but was quickly turned down.

"Ion got no gas money for you, we straight bruh" Dayvon said, waving him off. Durk would not let down though, turning off the engine and getting out. "Ian say nothing about no gas money lil daddy".

"Ian gon stop trying until you let me take you on a date, you know that right?" He asked rhetorically.

"I don't go on dates" Von said, dryly.