𝟭

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘"𝖯𝖨𝖫𝖮𝖳"

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘
"𝖯𝖨𝖫𝖮𝖳"

𝗜t was just like any other day. Adrienne Strickland was working alongside her older brother, Paul, with her other team members trying to hose down a house fire. To be specific, it was arson, but the only problem was... who did it?

Both Stricklands had a secret talent— in any given situation, they could snuff out a suspect. Adrienne looked around the crowd of people that gathered around the sidewalk and near their fire truck. There was an odd looking man looking at them.

"Hey, bro," Adrienne whispered quietly to Paul. The older Strickland stopped his water hose and turned to his sister.

"What's up, little sis?" He asked.

"See that guy right there? I think he's the one. Ya feel it too?" Adrienne questioned, pointing at the guy. Paul nodded a reply. Adrienne and Paul marched over the man, then Paul delivers a right hook to his face. The man stumbles back, and Adrienne delivers the second blow to knock him down.

Police officers rush to the scene to try to pry the Strickland siblings off of the man, but had no luck. Paul kept the man pinned on the ground so Adrienne could figure out if he had anything on him. Soon enough, she found a gun hidden in his pants.

"Wait! Wait! Look, he did it! He caused the fire!" Adrienne shouted, lifting the gun high up in the air for full view. Little did she know that singular act of heroism would change her life forever.

Adrienne and Paul arrived at their shared apartment later that night. Adrienne was scrolling through her phone on the couch when her brother walked into the living room.

"Check the news, Ri," Paul instructed. Paul turned on the tv with the remote and scrolls to the news channel. Much to Adrienne's surprise, both Strickland siblings were making headlines.

"Looks like my little niece as a strong mother to look up to," Paul smiled.

"Oh, come on, Paul, you helped too. Look, They showed you delivering the first swing," Adrienne replied. The Stricklands burst into a small laughter before being stopped by the sudden sound of a cry.

"Motherly duty calls," Adrienne says, getting up from the couch.

She walked into her daughter's room to find her daughter crying in her crib. Adrienne scoops her daughter up in her arms and begins to rock her gently. Her daughter started to calm down a bit.

"Guess what, Ellie? Your mama and uncle were bad asses today. I'll tell you more about when you're older," Adrienne cooed. Paul was leaning against the door frame watching the too.