𝟭𝟯

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡"𝖧𝖤𝖫𝖯 𝖨𝖲 𝖭𝖮𝖳 𝖢𝖮𝖬𝖨𝖭𝖦"

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
"𝖧𝖤𝖫𝖯 𝖨𝖲 𝖭𝖮𝖳 𝖢𝖮𝖬𝖨𝖭𝖦"

𝗧he small group that consisted of Eddie, Adrienne, Buck, and the woman who was named Ali, made their way back to the emergency exit. Adrienne was in front of Ali, Eddie was in front of Adrienne, and Buck was behind Ali.

"That's it. You're doing great. You've done this before, haven't you?" Buck asked.

"Yeah. It was, uh, my major at the Rhode Island School of Design," Ali sassed, "Sorry. Sarcasm is my fallback for pretty much everything."

"I totally get it," Buck replied. Once they make it down the first set of stairs, Adrienne holds out a hand for Ali to take.

"You think he'll still be in the sidewalk when we get down there?" Ali asked.

"No. And we're not going out that side anyway," Buck replied. Adrienne looked up just as Buck and Ali were staring at each other.

Was she... feeling jealous? She really wished she hadn't gone with Buck and Eddie. Eddie goes down to the bottom of the stairs, only to stop and stare.

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me. We're not getting out this way," Adrienne groaned. Their one exit that they were going to use was blocked by debris.

"Now what?" Ali asked.

"We go back up," Eddie replied, shining a flash up the flights of stairs.

"Back up?" Ali groaned.

"Ladder 118, respond. This is Captain Nash. I need a headcount."

Eddie spoke into his radio, "Ladder 118 responding. Diaz, Buckley, Strickland, we're good, Cap."

"Castillo and Jackson responding."

"Paulson, Marcus, and Riley responding."

"Chimney responding."

There was one voice missing... Hen's. Adrienne started to panic a bit, but not so much where questions needed to be asked.

"Is that a friend of yours?" Ali asked.

"Let's keep moving," Eddie says.

Adrienne broke off from the group once they got to safe part of another hallway. She could hear Ali wondering why they don't just bring in a ladder to take them down. Adrienne rolls her eyes and continues moving ahead.