𝟮𝟲

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫"𝖪𝖨𝖣𝖲 𝖳𝖮𝖣𝖠𝖸"

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫
"𝖪𝖨𝖣𝖲 𝖳𝖮𝖣𝖠𝖸"

𝗔drienne never really expected her first day back with the 118 to be like this. Yet again, she did go back the very same day the dispatch center went down.

The situation was a fifteen year old bout speeding down a highway. The kid apparently had no control over the car's speed. Adrienne sat in the passenger seat of the truck while Bobby drove.

"They're clearing a stretch of Woodley Avenue.
We'll meet them there," Bobby explained. Their plan was to have the kid crash into the truck. Adrienne just knew Athena and Maddie were crazy enough to think of that plan.

"I'm getting in position on Woodley
Avenue," Bobby says into his radio.

Just moments later, Adrienne felt herself jerk forward a bit as the truck came to a stop. The team rushes out of the truck and ran to the car stuck behind them.

Eddie pops the top off of the car, while Adrienne pulls the kid out and lays him down on a gurney. Bobby worked on putting out the fire.

"There'll be an investigation to determine what caused the car to malfunction," Athena told the kid's father.

"I'd call it a loose clutch," Eddie says. He walked over and revealed a car part he pulled out. Eddie hands it to Adrienne who wanted to look at it herself.

"Looks like the gear shift broke clean off under the boot," Bobby explained, "Throttle must have gotten stuck wide open from the linkage brake."

"Wait, how's the car? Can it be fixed?" The kids asked. Adrienne smiled at him, then hands the part to the father.

"Here, something to remember it by," Adrienne says. Chimney and Hen wheeled the kid into the ambulance.

"Kids today," Athena sighed, shaking her head. She slipped on her sunglasses and walked to her police car. Eddie, Bobby, Hen, Adrienne, and Chimney piled back into the truck and drove away from the scene.

Tonight was a night of celebration. Buck passed his recertification test and Adrienne just finished her first day back with the LAFD.

The Buckley-Strickland idea of "celebrating" was showing each other just how much they cared for each other. Estelle was thankfully taking a nap, which made their blissful time easier.

Adrienne let out a heavy breath before laying down on the bed. Buck smiled and towers over her, "Take showers with me more often."

"I'll consider it," Adrienne smiled. He captured a kiss from her lips and took her hands into his own. Their moment was interrupted by the sound of Buck's phone ringing. Buck ignored his phone, tossing it onto a pile of clothes in the corner of their bedroom.