1.8

A knock came from my door. I quickly adjusted my clothes and walked over to unlock, then open it.

"Hello, Bruce!" I smiled, holding the door open.

"Hi Y/n, how are you?" Bruce asked, shutting the door behind him.

"Oh y'know, I got out of the psych ward yesterday, but I'm doing better, much better. Why weren't you at work today? The boys were all over me, getting upset about me being away and whatnot."

"I wish the company wasn't going public. That way, I could get rid of Mr Earl, but I'm planning on buying a bunch of shares. It's all a bit technical, but I will own my company again."

"That's good!" I smiled, walking over to the kitchen island. "So, I made popcorn for the movie. I made some pasta for dinner before the movie."

"I brought the fresh bread, still warm." Bruce said, putting his bag down before pulling out the loaf.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much. Do you know when the others will be here? My friend Selina will be here in five minutes. The noodles are in the oven, staying warm."

"Alfred and Rachel should be here soon. She's also going to bring her boyfriend, the DA."

"Perfect. Mind helping me set the table? I thought I'd have a bit more time, but the gas stopped, and I had to light a match." I said, wrapping the bread in foil so I can place it in the oven.

"Yeah, no problem. Six people?"

"Yeah, so a steak knife per person, butter knifes forks, and a spoon. Just in case people want a spoon." I quickly placed the bread in the oven, which was at a 200-degree temperature to keep the meal warm and pulled out five cups from the cabinet.

I put three on the counter and grabbed two since it's all I could carry and put them at the seats that I wasn't sitting at. Before grabbing the other ones.

Bruce then walked to the glass cabinet and pulled out the wine glasses. "Bruce, I don't have any wine."

"Rachel is bringing Nebbiolo, red wine."

"Oh, okay." I said before a knock came to the door. I quickly patted my hands off and opened the door as Bruce put the cups on the table. "Hello!"

"Hey girl, it's nice to see you after so long. How are you?" Selina said, giving me a hug. "Nice place, might need to crash here sometime."

"You're always welcome here." I smiled. "Oh this is Bruce, Bruce this is Selina."

"Billionaire Bruce Wayne."

Another knock came at the door and I quickly answered. "Alfred! Rachel and Mr. Finch. Good to see you, come in!" I took their coats and put them up. "Okay, everyone take a seat and the food will be out shortly, my glass already has water in it so don't sit there."

"I'll help you set up," Selina said walking over as everyone sat down. "I'm the only poor person here?"

"Sorry, cat."

"Whatever, where's the water jug?"

"Fridge, left door." I said, pulling out the plates and bowls. Selina grabbed the water, putting it on the table before coming over to toss the salad. I then put the bowls and plates on the table then pulled out the food from the oven along with tongs. Selina helped me place the food on the table.

"This looks wonderful, Y/n."

"Thank you, Alfred! Well, everyone, grab what you'd like. Have seconds if you'd like, but I do have popcorn made and a bunch of sweets for the movie."

We all ate and then the girls and Alfred helped me clean up. We watched 10 things I hate about you. I was on the big couch between Bruce and Selina, Alfred on the armchair leaving Rachel and Carl on the love seat.