Chapter 11

Chapter 11

As we pulled up to the ice cream shop off of Woodward, a perfect place for sitting in cars and eating ice cream and chatting, we were both shocked to see Jesse and her boyfriend Nick standing at the counter, eating their ice cream.

"Nope." I gasped, bending over to hide my head. "Dude, drive!"

"Calm yourself, girl." Kade laughed, putting the car into reverse. "Where to now?"

"I've got some ice cream in my freezer at home, we can make milkshakes there."

"Your dad?"

"He'll be asleep by now. It's like almost midnight yeah?" I shrugged, able to sit up as we were driving away from the ice cream place.

"Sounds good to me." Kade grinned. "We should put some ice on that eye though, already looking pretty nasty."

"Yeah but it was so worth it. I mean, I saved a PK! Dude, I'm amazing." I couldn't help but grin, glancing over at him to see his response.

He just laughed and shook his head, a small smile spreading on his face.

"So modest, Bella, so modest." Kade sighed. I bit my lip, butterflies spreading in my stomach as I realized how happy and comfortable I was when I was with him.

"Oh that's me." I laughed, giving him a wink.

Neither of us said much for the rest of the drive back to my house.

Kade parked a couple houses down, only because the spaces in front of my house were taken, and we walked up to my house. My stomach was already grumbling in excitement for the impending milkshake I was about to have.

I usually took malt powder from the store to make my own malts at home but I was out, meaning I'd just have to suffer with a plain milkshake today... Unfortunately.

I dumped my bag in the front hall and headed straight for the freezer, desperate to get some chocolate ice cream in me.

"Grab the blender, it's in the cupboard above the sink." I told Kade as I got the milk and the ice cream.

"You sure you know what you're doing?" Kade asked skeptically as he placed it on the counter.

"Dude, I work in an ice cream shop, I make shakes all day long, of course I know what I'm doing." I shook my head, opening up the milk to pour some into the blender.

"Don't you need to measure that?" Kade frowned, peering over into the blender. "Seems like a lot."

"Well I'm hungry, aren't you?" I raised my eyebrows as I began to scoop ice cream into it. "Plug it in but make sure it's off first."

I hadn't even finished my sentence when Kade plugged it in to the outlet, not checking that it was turned off, and it immediately started blending.

And it exploded everywhere.

Completely covering us both.

"Kade!" I yelped, frantically trying to switch off the blender.

He just looked at me in shock, not even fazed as ice cream dripped down his forehead.

"Dude." I laughed, reaching for the roll of paper towel.

I looked at the mess, which had mostly gotten over us and the floor, and just shrugged.

"Let's eat first." I muttered, adding even more ice cream to the blender and securely putting the top on the blender before turning it on.

While it blended, I did my best to wipe up the chocolate on the counter and floor, while Kade was too busy fretting over the chocolate in his hair.