Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"How does it feel to be 19?" Kade asked as I dried my hair with the towel.

I shrugged, a smile spreading on my face. "No different, honestly."

"Nah?" Kade asked, reaching for his shirt that was draped over the chair.

"Nah..." I told him, pulling the shirt out of his grip. "You don't need that."

"Oh I don't?"

I shook my head, slipping it over my head.

"I mean I need to wear something, yeah?" I winked, tossing the towel aside.

"Mm... Do you?" Kade laughed, reaching for my hips. "I don't think so." He said softly, starting to pull up the fabric.

"Kade, I leave in like five weeks." I said suddenly, putting my hands on top of his. "I don't... What are we doing?"

Kade sighed, resting his forehead on mine.

"Wanna go give the hot tub a try?" Kade whispered, nodding his head towards the back patio of the guest house.

I let out a sigh, kind of annoyed that he wasn't willing to talk about it.

"We just showered." I laughed even though I happily followed him towards the sliding glass doors.

I had no idea Peter's family was this loaded but if the guest house had this many amenities... I couldn't even imagine what the big house was like.

"So." Kade shrugged, pushing his underwear down his legs. "We can shower again." He winked before running towards the hot tub. "It's cold! Get in here!" He yelled, sinking himself into the steaming water.

I shook my head with a laugh as I peeled off the shirt that I had only just slipped on.

Kade was right, it was so worth it to get in the hot tub from the chilly October air.

"Wow." I laughed, sinking down so that the hot water was up around my shoulders. "This is nice."

"Isn't it?" Kade grinned as I moved closer to him. "The company isn't so bad either." He winked, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Wow. Funny." I laughed, pressing a kiss to his shoulder.

I let out a sigh, leaning against him as I reached an unbelievably happy and content place in the comfort of the warm water and his arms.

If I could stay like this forever... Wow.

"I know you're leaving in a few weeks, because so am I." Kade said softly, kissing the top of my head. "And I'm not... I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm having the time of my life with you and if we weren't leaving..." He trailed off, kissing my head again.

"I know." I said softly, closing my eyes.

"But we've got five weeks." Kade whispered, trailing his finger across my shoulder and down my arm. "And let's enjoy them while we can."

"Sounds like a plan to me." I nodded, pulling away from him so I could look at him.

But he just pulled my head towards his, softly kissing me.

It was kisses like these that made my knees weak. They made me realize how much I was actually falling for this guy.

~*~*~

"I don't think I'm going to quit soccer, yet." I told Kade, closing my eyes as he started playing with my hair again.

"Yeah?" Kade asked, brushing his thumb over my forehead.