03

Sky

I rub my eyes as I finish gathering my things.

I look up at the trauma unit, being sure no one had been admitted without my knowledge.

But instantly, I see a familiar face.

I gasp, rushing into the unit.

As soon as she sees me she stands.

"Oh my god. Lily where are my kids."I say, my hands beginning to shake.

"O-oh, I left them w-with your friend.."she says.

My lips begin to quiver and fear fills my heart.

"M-my friend?"

....

I whimper as I run up to my house, quickly unlocking the door and rushing inside.

Instantly, I see the tattooed man from next door asleep on my couch.

And my daughter was sleeping peacefully on his chest.

Across from them both was Zac, who was sleeping in the recliner.

I put my shaking hand on my chest, stumbling back a bit.

"Mommy?"

I look over, seeing Zac rubbing his eyes.

"Hi baby. Are you okay?"I whimper quietly, going over to him.

He nods with a soft smile.

"Killer is a nice man. He just looks scary."He says as I hug him tightly.

"So he was nice? H-he didn't hurt you or Tia?"I ask, cupping his cheeks.

He shakes head.

"No. He says a lot of course words though."Zac says, making me chuckle.

"Oh I'm so glad. I'm so happy."I huff, pulling him into a hug.

I pull away, going for Tiana. I pick up the baby, and instantly the man wakes up.

I jump back, and he instantly looks down to the ground. And then back up to me.

He puts his hand on his chest and breathes a sigh of relief.

"Fuck, I thought she fell or something."he huffs before rubbing his eyes.

"What happened?"I ask, holding the baby to my chest.

"Um, I can't really explain, it happened really fast. And plus, this little shit kept micromanaging me with the baby, giving me all this information at once."He says, pointing accusingly at Zac.

"Language, please."I say.

"Right. Whatever. Are you good here, because I'm starting to realize I don't really like kids."he says, standing up.

"...oh, well maybe I could cook you breakfast? I usually do when I get home."I say, shifting the baby around in my arms.

"I mean, I'm not gonna refuse a hot meal."he shrugs.

"Good, it's the least I can do. I can't believe that bitch just left my kids with a man she didn't know!"I say, walking towards the kitchen.

"Language mommy."Zac says.

I groan, digging into my pocket and finding a dollar bill, placing it in the swear jar on the counter as I enter the kitchen.

....
Killer sits at the table, eating his breakfast next to Zac.

"You shouldn't have your elbows on the table."Zac says, causing Killer to look over at him.

"...where did you find this kid?"he asks, looking over at Sky who was nursing under her shirt.

"In a cabbage patch."I say, making him stick his tongue out at me.

"Not even surprised."Killer says, looking down at his plate.

"I'm not making you uncomfortable, am I?"Sky asks.

"I'm actually more comfortable than I have been."he shrugs.

"Oh, well feel free to come over any time. Seeing as you're so good with children."Sky says, making him scoff.

"Good? That thing kept waking up every 2 hours, this one is a damn know-it-all. That's not the type of crew I hang around."he says, making sky chuckle.

"Well, it's nice to have someone to depend on, is all. I mean, you can always come and get a hot meal if you want."Sky says, detaching Tiana from her breast and sitting her up.

He looks up at her as he picks up his coffee.

"Could I bring some friends?"he asks with a smirk.

"A few wouldn't hurt."she shrugs.

"Well then, might I suggest stocking up on beer."he says, sitting his cup down as he stands.

"Wait! Don't go yet!"Zac says, gripping Killers sleeve.

"I gotta. Places to be, things to do."Killer says, pulling away from Zac softly.

He pouts and Sky frowns as she stands as well.

"Hey, um. I work the night shift again on Wednesday. D-do you think you could watch them?"I ask, making him huff slightly.

"Look, kids aren't really my thing."he says, scratching his head.

"Oh- but you'll be better prepared this time! And I'll even pay you!"sky says with pleading eyes.

Killer then looks down at the little baby on her chest, who's head was wobbling as she smiled a gummy smile up at him.

He lets out a defeated sigh.

"Oh my god. Fine."he says, opening the front door as Sky bounces excitedly.

The infant on her chest let's out an adorable laugh as she bounces, causing Killer to look back as he walks towards his house.

...

I rub my eyes as I look in the mirror.

I was covered in baby drool, and spit up.

"Why did I even agree?"I groan, pulling my hoodie up over my head.

I pull my gun from the back of my pants and place it on the counter before leaning and washing my face.

...