🍁Chapter:08🍁

🍁Chapter:08🍁

Isha's Pov

Even if things had gone to hell with Aryan and my mom-in-law back home, I felt a sliver of happiness being with Nidhi. I had no idea the girl I met back in college would one day become my sole anchor.
I surely for the love of God, did not want to talk to my mother about my marriage with Aryan.
The last time I did, my peace of mind was disrupted.

I want to judge Aryan myself. I live with him. I married him. I really should not let my mother's opinions of him taint whatever we have built in these six months.

I feel guilty, for judging Aryan so hard. When my racing mind had calmed a little I felt ashamed to have judged a man who has done nothing but help me.

My mother, she had always been that way, she spoke first and thought later. How she chose to tell me what had happened was extremely immature and most of the times, her habit of speaking first and thinking later had hurt me more than my father's words.

And me? I was immaturely handling it.

I did realize it, yes, but I am too ashamed to openly accept it.

"Did uncle talk to you yet?" Nidhi asked, trying to find more shake in her already empty glass.

My heart clenched but I refused to let my mind linger on the pain. It is time I start pulling my life out of the gutter, for once in those six months.... I have decided to let bygones be bygones.

It was easier said than done. But, baby steps. Understanding that my love for my father and my memories of Virat wouldn't just evaporate magically, I have decided to deal with them.

I do not want to hide. I want to let the feelings flow and get it over with.

It was infuriating to keep remembering Virat. It keeps hurting me and I would be lying to myself if I say I did not think of him at least once each day.

"Papa disowned me, Nidhi" My voice cracked but I did not force a smile on my face for once. I am done hiding.

Sighing sadly, my best friend nodded,

"Ishu, no matter what, I will always be there for you." I believed her. But then, Nidhi wiggled her eyebrows, and that expression alone meant something chaotic.

"Sooo-"

"Don't." I warned but do best friends ever listen?

Nidhi giggled and grinned so hard my cheeks turned red. "How is my jiju?" She ducked as a napkin zoomed past her head and then laughed even harder when I tucked my rosy cheeks into my shoulders.

"Oye hoyeee~"

"Chup kar." (Shut up.)

"Tumse milke Dil ka hai Jo haal kya kahein~" Nidhi began loudly and a few others sitting in the cafe turned to look at us. A wave of embarrassment hit me as I slapped a hand over her mouth. 

"I can feel you licking my hand!" I smacked her on the head with the same hand she'd licked. And then proceeded to rub a rather sum of sanitizer onto my hand, disgust apparent on my face.

"Rabbies nahi chahiye mujhe." Nidhi gawked and kicked me under the table, but I burst out  laughing. (I don't want Rabbies.)
Nidhi smiled too, and I knew she was feeling better, the whole evening she had tried every tactic in the book to make me laugh like before. When I simply laughed at things when they did not make sense, a time when I laughed so much that other people joined me unknowingly.
I knew it was worrying her to see me so down and disheartened.