🍁Chapter:19🍁

🍁Chapter:19🍁

Aryans' Pov

I stood on the terrace, my hands gripping the railing. How easy were things in childhood, all one had to worry about was pocket money and candies.
Birthday parties and gifts.
Toys and friends.

Friends...

Virat came to mind but this time an ache did not accompany his memory. If anything paved it's way-- it was insecurity.

If anything paved its way within my mind, it was the need to lay claim. As if she was a mere property I needed to profess. As though her existence only needed to start with me and end with me.

Her existence was a nectar I was too afraid to let go of.

Isha had become my poison. A slow poison whose necessary consumption was my only salvation.

Isha would find many. I could too, but I was done giving her up for morons too blind to see her worth.

'Do you see her worth?'

My subconscious mocked, it was wicked, the mind. An evil conundrum, too insatiable, too greedy.

Isha leaving has become my biggest nightmare.

As Virat touched my wife, my hand tightened around the railing. I maintained silence. My need to see what she would do-- surpassed any primal anger I felt at Virat.

I want to snatch her from him. Make her mine. Make her sway to my beat. Mine to take, mine in every way.

My possessiveness came crashing to the forefront of my mind at the statement made earlier in the office.

'Women only like men who are at par with them.'

Isha can leave me today if she so wants. She can pack up and leave, take herself away from me forever and I would not be able to stop that.

No-

Virat had her in the past. But she is my present and I will ensure she remains my future.

I let go of her once. But I have no inhibitions this time, I was stupid in the past when I thought Virat's happiness mattered more than mine.

I should have snatched her right then. Taken her for myself, then, perhaps we would not be so broken.

Truth was, I have always had difficulty staying away from her. I kept up the facade to not scare her but my need for her would only make her run from me. I needed her to remain calm, I needed her to know she was safe with me.

And now she does feel safe so why was it wrong to finally have her?

Who decided what was right and what wasn't?

Isha told me she wanted me. If I delay any longer someone, someday would swoop in and destroy everything.

After all, people could not digest someone else's happy life.

And Isha was fucking important.

How quickly she became the center of my world. The scent in my sheets, the flowers in my garden, the curtains on my window, the smiles of my brothers, the steaming tea in my mother's cup, the food my father enjoyed.

Each corner of my world was laden with her essence.

Her body against my own, her rosy cheeks to my presence, her bold nature so alluring, her bewitching waist.

Each part of her drew me in so deep I never realised I had drowned.

And now it was too late to let her leave.