🍁Chapter:12🍁

🍁Chapter:12🍁

Aryan's POV 

Guilt stabbed my heart when I heard Isha say what she did. Although I had yet to verify it with my brothers, I knew she spoke the truth when she spoke about me. I had very conveniently left it all to my family. In my quest to not make her feel uncomfortable, I did not realize how my actions had hurt her even more. I brought her here to make her feel loved, but I did the opposite.

'Bhabhi is at her lowest now. Don't abandon her, Bhai' My brothers' words had never held much power before yet today, I was grateful to him for speaking out. I had left Isha to fight all alone for 8 months. While I enquired about her physical well-being, I completely ignored her mental peace. And then I complained about her not opening up to me.

Really, I had not made this any easier for any of us.

"I don't blame you, Aryan." her voice brought me back and I found it hard to breathe with the mounting guilt. What I saw in Isha's eyes was only understanding and I stifled a groan in my throat. Why was she always so forgiving? Why did she never hold grudges even when it was well deserved?

For how I had treated her, I deserved her wrath. But all I saw on her face was ease. It was as if she was used to it, as she did not expect anything from anyone. And that hurt more than I thought it would.

Oh Isha...

"I am so sorry." she smiled but I knew it was fake, she had yet to smile the way she did when she was younger. I missed it. I yearned to see her at ease, happy, and content. That look alone was the most beautiful on her. I missed the girl I loved so much that I destroyed myself without her. I loved Isha long ago before she knew me and I knew her. While I kept denying it, my unconscious mind kept looking for her in every girl I met.

"You are forgiven." No, I don't deserve to be forgiven just yet. For how much I wronged her, I don't deserve this forgiveness.  I had made a mistake when I was younger, but not now, not this time. I was no longer the same boy, I was more daring now. I would not let go of her. If it was fate or something else, I don't know. But I have been given a second chance, I refuse to botch it.

"Give me a chance," she turned around surprised, she had questions but did not voice them out just yet. I took in a deep breath, "I want to give this a chance." She frowned and my heart picked up pace, when she tilted her head I already knew what she intended to ask before she even opened her mouth. "Why?".

My mind screamed at me to keep it a secret and while in complete consciousness I would have agreed but right at that moment I was drunk on guilt. If my true feelings helped, I was happy to be an open book, "I don't want you to go," I whispered and watched as her lips parted in surprise, her hands flexed by her side, a nervous trick I knew she had. Those ten seconds felt longer than they should have but I waited patiently. She had awaited my response for 8 months, I could wait a few seconds.  

"I want you with me...Isha." I saw her tongue dart out to wet her lips slightly and then they stretched in a straight line, she shook her head, "You don't mean that," I shook my head and moved closer to her, she stepped back much to my disappointment, "That's not-".

"You're guilty, Aryan. You don't mean that." Damn this woman for being so good at reading me. I couldn't even hide my desperation anymore, I stepped into her space and held onto her hand tightly, "Isha, look at me please!" But she didn't, she found the floor more worthy of her attention than me. Her having such little belief in me felt constricting in a way. But she was right, I had given her nothing to trust. 

"I am sorry, I am so sorry! Please just look at-" She moved away towards the window and looked out, in my desperation I did what didn't dare do in the previous months, I followed after her, and I forced her to hear me. Realization dawned on me, is this what she felt chasing after me when she needed to be heard and I wasn't listening to her?