🍁Chapter:11 (Part II)🍁

Since y'all might not read the author's note-

Tell me what according to you is the best thing about this book?

🍁Chapter:11 (Part II) 🍁

She entered the room after talking to Neeta. The older woman although distraught, finally let her go once she reassured her she would be fine. In all honesty, Isha had not expected the reaction from Neeta, after all, she had been treated worse than a criminal in the past few months. 

Her sudden cry of remorse took Isha by surprise. But then just as she was startled, her heart grew worried. At Neeta's age, so much stress was bad for the body.

Her feet crossed the threshold whilst she was lost in thought, a figure stood up in her peripheral and she suddenly snapped back to reality. "Aryan?" her heart thrummed in anticipation and from what she could see he was just as nervous about something as he kept rubbing his hands together. It had been too long...probably the last time he looked at her willing to talk was weeks ago. He had ghosted her as if she did not exist. 

It did not matter much to her because she was used to people treating her like she did not matter. She should have been worried but honestly, she was letting him decide the course of their relationship. She knew she was not ready for a new one but Aryan deserved at least a partner he could talk to. She wasn't yet his wife. The marriage was barely anything more than a transaction. 

"I want to ask you something." He must have built up some confidence because his usual posturing was back. If there was anything Isha really liked about Aryan, it was his built. Aryan was honestly a very attractive man and Isha for one did not want to hide the way her eyes followed his movements."Isha?" her head snapped up to meet his eyes and she tilted her head when she found his cheeks slightly rosy. His eyes kept flickering to her waist and then she wondered.

Did he like her in a saree?

Isha smirked, clearly pleased with the knowledge. It now made sense, he avoided her whenever she was dressed in a saree. Who would have thought the usual stoic Aryan would fumble at his wife's waist? To tease him a little more, she went towards her vanity and opened her hair, gently brushing her hair back she stared at his reaction through the mirror. She also knew about his fascination with her open hair. She saw Aryan gulp just as his eyes followed the way her hair caressed her waist.

"What is it?" he did not answer until she had to repeat herself, his eyes grew large as he saw her staring at himself in the mirror. Now openly caught red-handed, Aryan quickly averted his gaze. 

It's nice to feel wanted. She thought and calmed herself to not be too flirtatious. He was clearly wanting to talk about something, the least she could do was make it easier for him. Flirting could wait.

"Why didn't you tell me?" her small smile fell and she slowly looked down at the brush in her hand. Pretending to be busy, she secretly collected her thoughts about the unexpected question he threw her way. She was prepared to answer him whenever he enquired about her health, what caught her off guard was his 'Why?'.

"What could I have told you?" She did not look up, deciding to just collect her things and set them right. She heard him scoff but Isha was serious, what could you possibly expect from a person who wouldn't even look at you much less talk?

"When will you accept me, Isha?". The question made her giggle but she controlled herself. They were talking about serious things this time, she did not want to mess it up. 

She looked up so fiercely, it knocked down Aryan's confidence by a notch, he shifted uncomfortably but still kept the conversation going.

"You expect me to accept a man who wouldn't listen to me when I talk?" Aryan visibly shuddered at the remarks. Isha did not speak much but whenever she did...she spoke with such conviction that he was left fidgeting.