Chapter 20

Yao Yanyan lectured unexpectedly seriously.

At first, Cheng Xuan felt embarrassed to ask her for help, but Yao Yanyan would sit next to her and quietly ask for guidance on questions Cheng Xuan was struggling with.

After a while, Cheng Xuan was afraid that Yao Yanyan was working too hard and stopped being polite with her.

After all, as Yao Yanyan said, if she couldn't even seize the opportunity presented to her, she wouldn't be able to leave this village and wouldn't be able to repay the kindness Yao Yanyan showed her.

During the afternoon break, Cheng Xuan was lying on the table, looking at her phone.

It was raining heavily outside, and the weather was hot and humid, making people feel restless. There were also few people coming to the restaurant to eat.

Hong Xiaonuan turned on the air conditioner before going upstairs, and Cheng Xuan sat on a stool, her sweaty back feeling a bit cool from the air, moving inward and continuing to focus on her phone.

Yao Yanyan sent her a lot of review materials and exam questions from Jingshi No.1 High School, asking her to do them whenever she had free time, and Yao Yanyan would personally check them at night.

Cheng Xuan quietly read the questions and took out paper and a pen from the counter to calculate the formulas on the table. She was so focused that she didn't even notice when Zhang Yanqin came in.

"Hey, it's raining heavily outside," Zhang Yanqin shouted, pushing open the door and patting the raindrops on his hair.

He reached behind the air conditioner to pull out a piece of cardboard and put it on the floor before stepping inside.

No one paid attention to him, and Cheng Xuan sat on the stool, with only the light from the screen of her phone shining in the darkness.

Zhang Yanqin thought Cheng Xuan was wearing Bluetooth headphones and only realized that she was fully immersed in calculating formulas on paper when he approached her.

"Cheng Xuan?" Zhang Yanqin lowered his voice and called her.

"Ah... um?" Cheng Xuan's pen stopped, and her thoughts were interrupted. She looked up and said, "What's up?"

"It's nothing, why don't you turn on the lights?" Zhang Yanqin said, walking to the wall and flipping the switch.

The white light above their heads lit up, illuminating the dim room.

Cheng Xuan suddenly realized how dark it had been just now.

She rubbed her eyes and was about to thank him when her phone suddenly vibrated.

It was a new message from Yao Yanyan.

Cheng Xuan thought it was another exam question and swiped down, but it was just an emoji.

【yyy: (Are you there? Emoji)】

Cheng Xuan was a little surprised and suppressed a smile, awkwardly typing: 【.:Yes.】

There was an immediate reply: 【yyy: It's raining.】

Cheng Xuan looked outside through the glass door and saw that it was indeed raining heavily. She typed: 【.:Yes.】

【yyy: Did you bring an umbrella?】

【.:No.】

After sending this message, Yao Yanyan didn't reply again. Cheng Xuan held her phone for a long time, thinking that the internet connection was poor, and placed her phone with the screen still on the table.