Scorch Trials: Arguments

WCKD Facility
"They gave us new clothes, they gave us food, they gave us a proper bed. Some of us haven't had that in a long time."
"Yeah but..."
"Some of us a lot longer than others," Newt told Thomas.
"I have to find out Newt. I might be paranoid, but how can we be sure?" Thomas asked and Newt looked away. "Newt..."
"Go. Find out Thomas, but come back with an apology when you find out they're the good guys," Newt said and Thomas looked at Minho.
"Go," Minho said and Thomas left.

~

"Hey. What are you doing?" Newt asked as Janson and two guards came into their room.
"We've come to make sure that you boys got the message. Restricted areas are controlled access only. Keep your friend under control and we won't have any issues. Am I making myself clear about that?"
"Yes."
"Yes, we understand."
"What's inside those areas?"
"That's not of your concern."
"You rescued us from the maze, but we're not sure what's going on and you won't tell us."
"We just don't want any trouble. You're safe here."
"It's ok Newt. We'll keep Thomas under control," Minho told Janson.
"Good. Where is he?" Janson asked as he looked around.
"He's resting," Newt said and Janson saw a figure lying down in a top bunk. Not paying attention to the exact number of boys in the room, he accepted that it was Thomas.
"Ok. Get some rest."
"Will you tell us? If we're safe, what are behind those doors?"
"Newt," Minho said as Newt pressed Janson.
"I'm not going to have trouble with you as well am I?"
"That depends," Newt said as he stepped towards Janson. Janson smiled and he nodded at one of the guards.
"You've all been through a lot, I suggest that you get some rest."

"Argh!" Newt winced as the guard injected something into his neck, and he raised his hand up to it

"Woah, what did you just do?"
"What did you give me?"
"It's a sedative. Get some rest, we're here to help you," Janson said and he left them. Newt's eyes became heavy and he started to fall as he became drowsy.
"Newt. Woah Newt, I've got you," Minho said as he took hold of Newt and started to lay him down.
"Minho..."
"It's just a sedative, you'll be alright."
"I..." Newt said before he closed his eyes and he passed out.
"Should we get him onto a bed?" Frypan asked Minho as he lay Newt on his side on the ground.
"Good call. Can you take his legs?"
"Yeah, I've got him," Frypan said and they moved Newt onto a bed. "Why did they do that?"
"He was asking too many questions."
"Do you think that we're in danger here?"
"I don't know. Thomas might be right," Minho said and he looked at their sleeping Newt.

~

"Thomas," Frypan said as Thomas returned.
"We gotta go. We gotta go. We gotta go right now."
"What are you talking about?"
"We have to go?" Newt asked and Thomas was rushing around in a frenzy. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, still feeling the effects of the sedative as it was wearing off.
"They're coming. We gotta go. They're coming for us."
"What happened? Aris, what happened?"
"Thomas, talk to us."
"She's still alive," Thomas said as he was tying a sheet around the door handle.
"Who's she? Teresa?"
"Ava."
"Ava?"
"Tell us what's going on Thomas."
"It's WCKD! It's always been WCKD," Thomas said before he used a mattress to barricade the door. "We have to go, they're going to kill us."
"Ok, everyone into the air vents."
"Go, everyone go now."
"Come on Newt," Minho said, and he helped Newt to stand up.
"Newt? What happened?" Thomas asked as he became worried.
"Janson gave him a sedative."
"What?" Thomas asked and he took Newt's pulse.
"I'm ok Thomas."
"It might not have been a sedative."
"He's ok. We need to go."
"Ok, ok. Tell us if you start feeling any worse Newt."
"I will," Newt said and they went into the ventilation ducts.

Abandoned Mall

"People? In the mountains? Mountain people? That's your plan?" Newt asked Thomas sourly

"What? Would you rather that we had stayed there and been strung up and drained? They would have killed us Newt."
"You just saw that! You're jumping to assumptions Thomas."
"They were WCKD Newt."
"What proof do you have?"
"What?"
"That they were WCKD?"
"Newt, we saw..."
"We saw grievers," Aris added in and everyone looked at him. "There were growing them in tubes. The bodies, the grievers, they are WCKD."
"That still doesn't mean that they were going to kill us."
"Newt, aren't you listening to me?"
"I followed you! Now we're here, in a desert with no food or water, and cranks, whatever they are. Janson said that we would die out here."
"We were going to die in there!"
"Maybe that would have been better. Maybe I wanted to die in there."
"Newt..." Thomas said, but Newt shook his head and started walking away. "Newt!"
"Let him go," Minho said and they let Newt get some air.

 "Newt!""Let him go," Minho said and they let Newt get some air