Newt Survives

Brenda appeared and Newt was on the ground gasping for air. Thomas was above him and the knife was buried deep in his chest. She stopped and Thomas looked at her.
"Give it to him. Now! He's still breathing," Thomas shouted and Brenda ran to him. She gave Newt the injection as Thomas put pressure on his wound.
"What happened?"
"He stabbed himself," Thomas told her. The others appeared and they stopped in their tracks.
"Newt?"
"Shit."
"He's dying. Help us!" Thomas shouted and they ran to him. "Brenda's given him the serum, but the knife is..."
"Did you stab him?"
"He stabbed himself!" Thomas screamed at them.
"Ok. Ok, I've got him," Minho said and he took over putting pressure on Newt's wound.
"Arh. Arh..." Newt gasped as the veins faded and his blood turned red.
"It's buried, I don't we can..." Frypan gasped.
"Get him to the ship. We have medical supplies and we can stop the bleeding there."
"It could have hit his heart..."
"We have to try. Move!" Thomas shouted and together they picked Newt up.

~

"What the

"What the...?" Jorge asked as they got back to the ship.
"Help him. We need to help him," Thomas said as they put Newt on the floor of the ship.
"I've given him the serum."
"Shit!" Thomas yelled before he stepped back and Vince pulled out a medical scanner.
"It's just missed his heart," He said as it scanned Newt's chest. "It hasn't hit any arteries but it's compressing his lung. Gally, I need you to press as hard as you can," Vince said before he pulled the knife out. "Press!" He shouted and Gally did so. "Keep pressure on it."
"Teresa," Thomas muttered.
"What?"
"Teresa, I need to..." Thomas said before he looked at Newt. He then looked at Brenda. "I'm sorry," He said before he ran off.
"Thomas!"
"We need to go Brenda. Now!" Jorge shouted and he pulled her inside the plane.

"I need a stem and surgical kit. NOW!" Vince shouted and everyone got to it. He cleaned his hands and the plane took off.
"Where's Thomas gone?"
"I don't know."
"I need to stop the bleeding. Thank you. Hands off Gally," Vince said and he removed the pressure.
"Tell me he's breathing," Gally said as Vince put his fingers inside of Newt's wound. Minho nodded at Gally.
"He is. But it's weak."
"Shit. Where is it?" Vince said as he tried to find the bleed.
"Come on Vince."
"Got it. Got it," Vince said and miraculously, he found the artery that had been cut and he stopped the bleeding. "Sheathe," Vince said and Jorge handed him a medical device. Minho and Gally watched as they worked on Newt. Together, Vince and Jorge stopped the bleeding and they started stitching Newt up.
"He's still breathing," Minho said and tears filled Gally's eyes.
"He should be alright, as long as we get there on time. Where's Thomas?" Vince asked as he was holding the bloodied needle in his hand.
"He went back for Teresa."
"What?"
"It doesn't matter. Can you finish working on Newt?"
"Of course," Vince said and he successfully closed the wound. Wrapping it in bandages to prevent infection, Minho was tracking Newt's pulse and breathing.
"How is he Minho?"
"I think he's improving. He's not gasping as much as he was before."
"He's not as pale as he was."
"Well, you've stopped him from bleeding to death," Gally said and Minho looked at him.
"We almost lost him."
"He's not out of the woods yet. I need you both to help watch him."
"I'll take the first shift. I know how his breathing and pulse are."
"Alright," Vince said and he sorted Newt out. Fifteen minutes past and Vince and Gally to some rest while Minho stayed awake to look after Newt.