Newt Shot

"Everyone ok out there?" Thomas called.
"We're fine!"
"Argh," Newt groaned as he raised his hand to his shoulder and he grimaced. Minho looked across at him.
"Newt?"
"I've been shot," Newt told him. "Argh!" He called as he pressed his hand into his shoulder and blood ran through his fingers.
"Shit. Newt's been shot!" Minho shouted as he put his hand on top of Newt's.
"What!"
"Where's he been shot?"
"In the shoulder."
"The shoulder's ok, but we need to get to him," Jorge told Thomas.
"Ok," Thomas said and he tried to think of a plan.
"Ok. Ok, I've got it. I've got it," Minho said as he put pressure onto Newt's shoulder.
"Argh!"
"We're going to sort this out. You're going to be alright," Minho said and Newt nodded.
"I bloody hope so. Argh..."

The right arm showed themselves and Minho stood up with Newt.
"Er... What's happening?" Minho asked them as they were greeting Aris.
"We were in the maze together," Aris said and Harriet whistled signalling the snipers to show themselves. They started walking towards a number of vehicles and there were other people around them. Newt was bleeding badly and he was starting to slow.
"Minho..."
"I know Newt. I know," Minho said and he supported Newt as they were led to a car. They established that the strangers were with the right arm and they were on the same side.
"Oh good," Newt said and he fell onto his knees.
"Shit."
"Newt. I need to keep pressure on your shoulder," Minho said as he crouched beside him and re-established the pressure.
"What's wrong? Newt, you're bleeding," Thomas said as he crouched down.
"He was shot."
"Shit, Newt."
"Yeah..." Newt said before he grimaced. "Argh!"
"Can you help him?"
"We can at our camp," Harriet said and she opened the door to the car. "Let's get him up."
"Come on Newt."
"We've got you," Frypan said and both he and Thomas helped Newt to stand up while Minho kept pressure on his wound.

~

"Argh!" Newt cried out as he had his hand resting up by his shoulder

"Argh!" Newt cried out as he had his hand resting up by his shoulder. Minho and Frypan were beside him, and he was feeling sick.
"Can you make the ride any less rough?"
"There's nothing I can do, it's the road. We're not far now."
"Ok. You're going to be alright Newt. We're almost there," Minho reassured Newt, but he winced and tried to control the pain.
"Argh..."
"Newt? Newt, you have to stay awake."
"Newt? Hey! Wake up," Minho said, and his cry woke Newt up, and he looked at Minho. "You have to stay with us ok."
"Ok," Newt agreed and he swallowed as he closed his eyes once more.
"Newt."
"Newt, stay awake," Thomas told him as he watched from the front seat.
"I... will..."
"You're losing a lot of blood Newt. You have to stay awake."
"Minho look... look after me..."
"We are Newt."
"Newt? hey Newt!" Thomas called, but Newt passed out.
"Newt?"
"He's passed out. How far are we?"
"We're here," Harriet said and she stopped the car just outside of the camp.

~

Carefully, they got Newt out of the car and Minho carried him into the medical tent. While there were some quick introductions, Minho lay Newt down on a bed and Mary got ready to do surgery on his shoulder. She gave Newt a sedative and as everyone went out to talk to Vince, the right arm's leader, Minho stayed with Newt and Mary.