Chapter 3

She ate her dinner and was going in the room when she thought.

Avni: Neil took the keys or not? No I guess. Should I wait for him then? Yes you have to.

Avni then sat on the sofa and was watching TV but after sometime she got bored so she closed the television and was sitting idly. After sometime sleep took over her. She was sleeping when she felt like someone is ringing the bell. She got up and checked through the door hole and opened the door when she saw Neil. Avni smiled when she opened the door.

Avni: You came.

Neil (busy in his phone): Hmm.

He came in and Avni closed the door being hurted. She came in and saw Neil talking on call.

Neil: Yes Shreya I reached home. Yeah I just arrived and called you. What about you. Okay you also got home great yeah then byee.

Avni heard it and thought.

Avni(in mind): How nicely he is talking with this Shreya girl. But wait wait a minute, who is Shreya?

Neil kept the call and went in the washroom to freshen up and came back and sat on the bed in his side and Avni was already settled on her side. Avni looks at him hesitantly and then says.

Avni: You know mumma papa went out for a business meet today.

Neil: That's good.

Neil laid on the bed and slept turning off the lamp on his side. Avni looked at him and was totally disappointed and sad.

Avni(in mind): If you would have told me earlier that you don't want to marry me I would have rejected you because you didn't wanted your parents to be upset so you didn't reject. I thought that in the earlier days that just because we are new to each other you are doing this but now tomorrow our marriage is going to complete a year. You don't even remember that. You only know when are your important meetings re going to be held. And I can't even say you this because when you listen to my talks?

Just then the clock striked 12.

Avni: Happy First Marriage Anniversary Mr. Neil Khanna.

She also laid down and slept. Avni was in deep sleep but she heard the voice of something falling and jerked and got up panting heavily only to see that hairbrush of Neil slipped from his hand and fall down. Neil looked at her who was panting heavily looking down.

Neil: It slept from my hand mistakenly sorry. I am going to the office I will be late today. Don't wait for me.

Avni got up and called out his name.

Neil: Yes.

Avni: You have an important meeting with your Goa clients today right? Wish you all the very best👍👍

Neil: Thank you.

Neil goes and Avni sees him and a tear drop flowed down from her eyes.

Avni(whisper): Happy Anniversary.

Avni wipes her tears and went to freshen up and had her breakfast and was sitting idly alone. She was now habitual of sitting alone at home talking to none. Avni's phone rang.

Avni: Yes Shweta maa?

Shweta& Prakash: Happy Anniversary puttar. May god bless you both.

Avni: Thank you.

Prakash: Where is Neil?

Avni: He went to office as he had some important work.

Shweta: Even today he went? Very bad wait I will call him and scold him.

Avni: No no maa he was not ready to go to the office but I forced him to go as he had some important clients coming so.

Shweta: Ohh then it's okay no problem.

Avni: Maa there was one more thing he would be busy today so may be will not be able to pick up or answer your calls. So it would be better of you don't call him.

Prakash: Okayy beta we would call at night then and wish you both together byee.

Avni(smiled): byee.

Call ends.

Just then Ashish-Neela called her and wished her the same and she also told them the same thing about Neil which she told to Shweta-Prakash. It was afternoon and Avni was sitting alone in the house.

Avni: How boring it is to be alone. How awful it is go be lonely. Heyy lord, I just pray you that before I die atleast make me and Neil friends so that he can atleast mourn on my death.

Avni sighed and the whole day went sitting. Soon the afternoon turner into evening and night. Avni had her dinner and was sitting when the bell rang. Avni saw and opened the door only to see Neil smiling on the call.

Neil: Yes Shreya I just reached okay byee.

He came in saying this and Avni again heard it so thought to confirm who is SHREYA. She went near him and he saw him and raised hi eyebrows.

Avni: How was your meeting?

Neil: Good.

Avni: Can I ask you something?

Neil looks at her and nods.

Avni: Who is S...Sh...Shreya..?

Neil looks at her and says.

Neil: We are colleagues.

Avni: Umm just colleagues or..

Neil: Orrr?

Avni: Orr friends you sound very friendly with her.

Neil: Yeah normal friends.

Neil goes in his room and Avni sees him going.

Avni: Hopefully Neil and that Chudail oh I mean Shreya are normal friends. If it's more than that then I would not leave Shreya but Neil you also would be surely gone.

Avni goes upstairs only to see Neil sitting on the couch working on laptop.

Avni goes and sits in her side of the bed and asked.

Avni: You had dinner?

Neil didn't heard it engrossed in his work.

Avni(loudly): You had dinner?

Neil(typing something on laptop): I had it with Shreya.

Avni: Okayy.
(In mind): Shreya Shreya Shreya iss Shreya ki to Mai.

Just then Neil's phone rang bringing Avni out of her thoughts. Neil picks it up instant.

Neil: Yess mom. You called so night?

Shweta: You were busy the whole day as Avni told me so I called you this time to wish you.

Neil: Wish me?

Shweta: Yess Happy First Marriage Anniversary Neil. May you both be as happy as you are bless you both. I am giving wishes to you on behalf of Prakashji as well as he is busy with his friends I told you remember we were going on a wedding. So okayy then enjoy your time with Avni I will call you later goodnight.

Neil: Goodnight.

Call ends.

Neil looked at Avni who acted to sleep. Actually she laid down closing her eyes acting to sleep when Neil got call and it turned out to be Shweta, as she expected. Neil looked at her and shook his head and was typing something but stopped and again looked at her and thought something.

.........................................................................

So what do you think now Neil would do? He would confront her or ignore her the same way he does?

Do vote and comment and tell me your opinions.

Enjoy reading.

Love Love 😊