Chapter 34

Neil: Avni what are you saying, I am unable to understand. Please Avni don't do such pranks.

Avni: Neil it's not a prank.

Avni looks at him without any expression. Neil looks at her with tears in his eyes.

Neil: Avni it's hurting here now
(pointing at his chest), please don't do this.

Avni says nothing but sighs and keeps an envelope in white on his desk. Neil looks at it.

Neil: What is this?

Avni: See it yourself.

Avni says this emotionlessly and goes from there. Neil sits with a thud on the sofa and was crying very badly panting looking at that white envelope.

Neil forwards and picks up the envelope with his shivering hands. Neil wipes his tears. With back of his hand and scrunching his nose opens the envelope slowly. He takes out the paper in there and takes a deep breath.

He unfolds the paper with closed eyes then open it slowly. He frowns seeing the paper and read the matter return in it. His frowned eyebrows became normal and his expressions changed. More tears started to flow from his eyes.

He saw Avni came and stood beside her. He looks at her and she smiles at him.

Avni: I do love someone else. But that person is none other than our baby. I am pregnant Neil.

Neil wanted to say many things to her but his voice was stuck in his throat.

Avni: You are going to become a father. Little Neil is on the way, husband.

Neil stood up and hugged her tightly but not that tight to hurt his baby. He kissed her forehead and cheeks and then bend down kissing her stomach over her clothes.

He got up and again hugged her. He kissed her hairs.

Neil: I....I..papa..You..mumma

He said with tears continuously flowing out his eyes. Avni nods smiling at him and wipes his tears. He sat on the sofa and made her sit on his lap and hugged her caressing her hairs.

She looked at him and wiped his eyes.

Neil: Ittna rulaya kyu yarr..direct hi boldeti na. You know, mujhe mini heartattack aagaya tha.

( Why you made me cry so much? You should have said it directly. You know, I got a mini heartattack. )

Avni giggles.

Avni: whatever it is but it was fun.

Neil: Fun? You would never know what I passed through. My heart stopped beating at that time. A fear of losing you engulfed me. Never leave me Avni. Mere thought of you leaving me made me like this. If you go then I'll surely die...

Avni keeps her palm on his lips.

Avni: Never say this Neil. Don't ever say this. I was just pranking you. I would never go leaving you.

She kept her head on his chest listening to his heartbeats. She thought to change his mood.

Avni: By the way, mujhe nahi pata tha ki Mera husband itna rotadu hai.

(I never knew my husband is a cry baby)

Neil: I will do a prank like this once then I will also see how cry baby my wife is okay?

Avni smiles and looks at him.

Avni: Sorry na Neil. I would never do such thing again.

Neil: It's okay Avni. But I am really going to become a father now.

Avni nods her head smiling at him. He again kisses her side forehead and she keeps her head on his chest. He is caressing her head with one hand and other hands he is caressing her stomach trying to feel their baby and kissing her hard time to time. Avni is just sitting with closed eyes listening to her husband's heartbeats feeling his love over her.

Neil: Avni..

Avni: Hmm..

Neil looks at the time in his watch and says.

Neil: Happy Marriage Anniversary.

Avni sits straight and looks at the time in his watch and smiles.

Avni: Happy Marriage Anniversary my dear husband.

Neil: I love you.

Neil smiles and kisses her forehead.

Avni: I love you more and more and more but not more than my baby.

Neil chuckles at this and hugs her tightly.

Avni: Neil I want a baby boy.

Neil: But I want my princess.

Avni: Nahi baby boy.

Neil: No my princess.

Avni: No baby boy means baby boy.

Neil: Okay whatever it is but it is ours.if it's a baby boy then we'll have a girl next time and vice versa. What say?

Avni smiles and kisses his cheeks. And later they celebrated their anniversary that night and next morning with elders. They shared this news with them and everyone blessed the couple and baby.

A couple of months was passed after that day. Neil was sitting at the doctor's cabin and Avni and the doctor were checking up the baby. They both came and Avni sat beside him. He looked at her and raised his eyebrows. Avni shrugs and looks at him.

Doctor: Avni, Mr. Khanna, I need to tell you something.

Avni: What doctor?

Neil: Avni ans the baby are fine. Right doctor?

Doctor: About that only I wanted to speak.

AvNeil looks at her with curiosity.

Doctor: Avni.. Tumhare pet Mai ek bachha nhi hai...

(There is not one baby in your womb.)

Avni: What???

Avni stood up with a jerk and Neil got up telling her to slow down a little.

Avni: What slow down Neil? She said na mere pet Mai ek bachha nhi hai so why slow down now.

Doctor: Avni sit down. First listen to me. I said you don't have one baby in your womb because they are two. Yes you are pregnant with twins.

Avni looks at her with surprise and Neil looks at her smiling and then at Avni.
Avni looks at him and smiles. Neil kisses her forehead.

They take doctor's leave and came back home. Neil hugs her from back and kisses he head.

Avni: Neil we will have two babies.

Neil: Yes Avni, our little munchkins are on the way.

Avni turns in his arms and he kisses her forehead and Avni close her eyes feeling his warmth.

.........................................................................

Do comment and vote and share this book.
Please do share your views.

Also next will be the last chapter of this book and then I will start updating Struggles To Live, again. Please do give that one also a try and show the same love you showed on this book also.

Love Love 😊