Chapter 29

It was time for Avni to start her trip. Both AvNeil are standing at the airport in Delhi along with their families. Avni before going for the trip wanted to visit her family. Neil was a little emotional when she was going because he have to stay away from her for 10 to 12 days.

Avni hugged Shweta and Prakash and also her mom dad. She looked at Neil who was standing back facing her. Avni knew he was trying to control his emotions and doesn't want to breakdown in front of her while seeing her off.

She went near him and kept her hand on his shoulder. He feeling her presence wiped his tears and looked at her turning to her and smiles. Avni wipes his tears and Neil breaks down more in front of her. She hugs him keeping her head on his chest.

Neil: I will miss you Avni. Take care of yourself. I will be waiting for you here.

Avni smiles and hugged him more tightly. She kissed his chest near his heart and looked at him still being in the hug. Neil kisses her forehead placing his lips for a longer time period on her temple.

She heard the leader of the group with whom she was going to climb the Everest, calling out for her. She nodded at him and looked at Neil who smiled and nodding left her.

She took her suitcase and was walking. She went in the window and for a last time looked at her parents, in-laws and Neil. She waved at them who waved back and went in and board the flight.

The whole family came back home once the flight took off. Neil sat on the sofa and the sadness was visible on his face. Shweta-Prakash and Ashish-Neela saw his face and looked at eachother. They thought to cheer him up.

Shweta: Neil tell me what you will eat I will quickly make it for you. Umm I know what you will eat Rajma Chawal right?

Neil: I don't feel like eating anything mom.

Shweta came near him and caress his hairs.

Shweta: Child, your wife is gone to live her dreams. You also wanted her to do the same right? And if she got to know that you are behaving like this not eating, being sad, will she like it?

Neil shook his head.

Shweta: No right? Come on now go and get fresh till then I will prepare food for everyone.

Neela: I will help you Shwetaji.

Shweta and Neela leaves for the kitchen.
Neil was still there and both the fathers saw him sitting sad so thought to cheer him up.

Ashish(sitting beside him patting his back): Hey son-in-law, don't be sad like this. Tell him Prakash.

Prakash (sitting beside him): Yes son, why are you sad? If you knew this is going to happened then you would have said her not to go.

Neil: No dad, I wanted her to go it's not like that. But now I have to stay away from her for 10-12 days which I have never been.

Ashish: It's okay Neil, she will come soon.

Prakash: Exactly. And you know what you should get happy instead. You are degrading the husband group.

Neil(frowns): Means?

Prakash: Means that the husbands like we three don't get sad when our wives leave. You know when your mom goes to her parents house, I am the most happiest person in the house, more excited than Shwetaji.

Ashish: True yeah, whenever Neela also goes to her parents house, I am the free bird who can sit, eat, live easily. You should also cheer up like this.

Suddenly they heard the voice of Shweta and Neela.

Shweta and Neela: Ohh really?

The trio looked at the ladies and both the fathers got up in fear.