Chapter 20

A tear slipped down Neil's eyes. AvNeil are looking at eachother. Neil looked down, scrunch his nose. He wiped his tears.

Avni: Neil...what are you saying?

Neil: I know you must be thinking that how this man changed so much. He use to ignore me at first but now he is saying love you to me. But trust me Avni I really love you. Everyone gets two chances in their life if they commit any mistake. Please give me also a second chance. Please Avni please.

Avni: Neil, get up.

Neil: No Avni till you don't say your answer I would not get up. Even if it's a no please say it. I will earn that chance from you.

Avni: Neil I am telling my answer but please first you get up.

Neil: Really.

She nods. He gets up and Avni holds his one hand for the support and he wipe his tears with his other hand.

Avni(still holding his hand): You know Neil, when our marriage was fixed, we never met before and during the functions also we didn't talk much, rather I would talk and you would hear it. I thought that maybe you are shy but after marriage also it remained the same. You know when you forget our marriage anniversary I lost all my hopes but I didn't knew that something good is written in my fate. I never knew this day would come but I am really surprised today.

A tear slipped down Avni eyes which Neil wiped off.

Avni: I need to tell you something Neil. I also Love you Neil not from now but from our college days but.. you always rejected every girl so I thought I would also be one of them. I didn't knew that you were my Father's best friend's son. When our marriage was fixed I was really very happy thinking that I would convince you for our relationship.

Neil smiles.

Neil: You would have once told me Avni in the college, those days where I ignored you would never have came. But it's okay whatever happens, happens for the good. It was in our fate. But now everything is fine right?

Avni: No.

Neil's smile disappears.

Neil: Why?

Avni: I have to take revenge for what you did right. So you can't come near me for....(thinking) yes for one year.

Neil's eyes widen.

Neil: What?

Avni: Ohh don't shout, my ears hurt.

Neil: Avni avni please don't do this please I am sorry.

Neil continuously convincing her. At last Avni laughs and Neil is confused to see her.

Avni: Oh Neil I was joking.

She laughs and Neil looks at her with fake anger. Avni sees him and stops laughing and cutely hold her ears. Neil melt seeing this. He spread his arms.

Neil: I Love You.

Avni smiles looking at him and goes within his arms. He quickly wrapped his arms around her. She fitted perfectly in his arms. She kept her head on his chest with her arms wrapped around her.

Avni: I Love You Neil.

He tighten his grip on her. They stayed in the hug for a few minutes more and then broke it. Neil searched something from his coat's pocket and took out a box. He opened it which held a beautiful gold bracelet. Avni looks at it and raises eyebrows being astonished.