CHP 40: BONFIRE. (PART 1)

Chp 40: Bonfire. (Part 1)

It has now been four days since Reece asked me out and I still am a little over the boat.

Since Monday all we do is text sweet nothings to each other when we are not together and when we are together mostly, to be honest, we cuddle and make out. And I love it. Having a guy who is so hot, to be my boyfriend is just insanely awesome.

When I told Sam and Kale about it both of them were on cloud nine. Just like me. That is why I call them best friends. Sam even said she was jealous jokingly but Kale on the other hand, was more serious and asked me to be careful just because. He is always the overprotective one.

The one thing that I am loving about this new relationship is that our rooms are literally opposite each other and Reece sneaks in smartly into mine, saying he misses me. How sweet can he be?

Mum too was happy when she found out that we were going out, she also knew that Reece would be sneaking in even when I disagreed she said, "I know boys Haley, and honestly, I dont mind it. So go enjoy while it lasts." And then she hugged me. Isnt she just the best?

Today is Friday. And I am really excited about it. A little nervous too.

Every year our school conducts two bonfires. This is the first one this year, and Reece is coming too. My friends will be meeting him for the first time as my boyfriend.

I am excited about that but what I am nervous about is, that Jackson will be there too. He did not take the news that Reece and me were dating nicely.

On Tuesday when we were in the cafe for lunch, he asked me if it was true. Looking into his eyes it kind of hurt me when I said yes it is.

I know I shouldnt be hurt at all considering the things he has done, anf the fact that I was now taken officially, but I still was. His eyes showed a lot of emotion and when he realized what my answer was, he said 'oh', cracked a small, weak smile and walked away.

He looked heartbroken and for some reason I felt guilty.

Over the days he became distant, but then I would catch him staring at me sometimes and all he would do is smile and then look away.

Whenever Reece was talked about, his jaw would clench. And he would tight his fists.

I know he is not happy about all this and really jealous of Reece, and so sometimes I felt to go talk to him and whenever I did go, he was with that slut.

And then it was my turn to ball my fists. Not jealousy, but anger.

I still remember what he said to me on Wednesday.

****FLASHBACK*****

Jackson and I were in biology and were performing some stupid experiment and he was my partner.

It was nothing but awkward so I tried to lighten up the mood.

I asked him, "So, how is life?"

He looked up at me and he said, "Why dont you go ask your pansy boyfriend that?"

Ouch. That hurt me a lot.

Biting my lip, I just slowly nodded my head knowing well enough if I said anything to that, there would be a huge argument. Which is the last thing I want right now.

The bell rang and I stomped away hearing Jackson shouting fir me in the back. But I just walked, straight to the bathroom.

****END OF FLASHBACK****

After that, we have hardly talked to each other at all. He tried calling me from Ryans phone but I would always let it go straight to voicemail.

I get it that he is jealous and upset, but there was no need of calling Reece a pansy nor that whole comment in the first place.