CHP 56: STITCHES.

Chp 56: Stitches.

I am back home now and it is 8 in the evening. I decided to order Chinese as dinner for me and nick.

Nick comes out of his room with a football spinning on his right index finger and sits on the couch.

"What's for dinner eh?" He asks.

"I thought of ordering Chinese..." I reply to him.

"Oh cool. I'm guessing Reece will be joining us then yeah? As he loves Chinese takeout food." Nick says surfing though the channels on the T.V and I swallow the lump in my throat.

"Uh... Nick I have something to tell you." I say quietly and sit next to him on the couch.

"What's up?" He asks still searching for something good to watch.

"Uhm... you see... erm..." I just can't get myself to say anything to him.

Should I just tell him the truth? Or should I just tell him that we broke up...? But if I do tell him that Reece and I are not together anymore I know he will ask the reason and what not. If he will come to know the real reason, then he maybe will storm to Reece's house to kill him. On the other hand, if I hide the truth from him and if he comes to know about the real reason from someone else but me, he will first yell at me and then go and kill Reece. I take a deep breath in.

"Uh Earth to Haley." Nick says and I come back from my trance to see that he has decided to go with the movie: Cruel intentions.

"Nick, do not get mad or anything listen to me first okay?" I say and he absent mindedly nods at me with all his attention on the movie.

"Reece and I broke up..." I say.

"What?!" His whole attention turns to me now.

"Yeah, it is true. I broke up with him today... Because, he was dating me to win a bet." I say with a heavy heart.

"What the fuck?" Nick mutes the telly.

"Please don't get mad. He doesn't deserve it. Just don't tell mom the real reason okay? She already has so much to worry about." I sigh and look down.

"Hey. I won't. Just tell me if you are really alright." He lifts up my chin looking straight at me.

I nod. But then I shake my head and it is like by default I have tears streaming down my face. I hug him with all my might.

"Shh... it will be okay. Forget him, as you said he doesn't deserve it. Let's listen to some music on here." He says wiping my tears and waiting for me to smile.

When I do, he smiles back at me and puts on some music channel and says he is going to order dinner for us.

"And by the way Hales, I know your prince charming is still out there. You may have even met him already, but you just don't know it yet." He winks at me with his phone in his right hand and when someone answers, he goes to the kitchen to make the order.

I can't help but think of what nick just said. 'I may have even met my prince charming already, but I just don't know it yet.' My thoughts go straight to Jackson for some reason and to what Sam had said to me earlier today.

"You know Hales, Jackson was really restless today that you didn't come to school. I think whatever misunderstanding you guys had, you should resolve it and forget about it. He really cares about you Haley, I can see it in his eyes. And I am sure he has more than 'just friends' feelings for you. Just give him a chance yeah?" Sam had said and I had replied saying that "I'll try."

My thoughts go straight to the last time Jackson and I spoke. It was that day in the party where we both kissed on Sunday and all the days after that I tried my best to avoid his eyes to lessen the awkwardness.