𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭|Elevator

"I'm bored

"I'm bored." Kai groans, throwing a tennis ball at the wall and catching it. Then, he does it again and again to the point where I'm gonna fucking snap his hand off.

"I don't care." I grumble, staring blankly at the computer screen in front of me that has a spreadsheet of Dominic's bank transfers along with a navigator on his whereabouts. For the past three hours he hasn't moved from his place in NYC and we're getting restless as we have no idea what his next move will be. We wanna get him alone and kill him when he least expects it.

"Are we seriously gonna sit here until he does something?" He asks, rocking side to side in his chair. "That could take forever."

"You're still getting paid." I reply, leaning back against my chair.

"For absolutely nothing? I wish it was like that everyday." He lets out a sigh and shakes his head, throwing the ball at the wall once again.

"Stop throwing that damn ball." I grit out and in response he throws it at my fucking head instead of the wall. "I'm gonna kill y—"

The door to my office suddenly opens and we turn our gaze towards it to see Killian walking in with plates of food in his hands.

"You're still looking at that damn computer?" He sighs and sets the plates of food on the table.

"I'm not hungry." I grumble, drumming my fingers against the table.

"Well I am." Kai says, immediately digging into his food.

"Eat." Killian orders and I shoot him a glare. He raises his eyebrow at me and I roll my eyes, picking up the plate because he won't shut up if I don't.

"You're so annoying." I tell him.

"Shut up and eat your food." He says sternly, pointing at my plate. I scowl at him and take a bite out of my food.

"Where's Dad?" I ask my brother.

"I don't know actually," He replies, sitting down in the chair beside me. "He left about an hour ago."

"And he didn't tell you where he was going?"

"When has he ever told us where he was going?" He counters.

"Fair." I mumble. Dad doesn't talk to us. He doesn't tell us what he's doing anymore or where he's going. I feel I don't know him anymore.

Looking back at my computer screen, I pause when I notice that Dominic is now on the move.

"Kai we gotta go." I say, jolting out of my seat and grabbing my gun.

"What?" He groans like a drama queen. "But this food is so good."

"Get up." I order, sending him a glare.

"Can't even eat in peace." He grumbles.

"You better make it back in one piece Lonie." Killian warns.