BONUS Chapter: The Stakeout

Rowena slammed her hand against the radio button, leaving the car in silence

Lorena, her cousin, held back her laughter. "Are you seriously still mad?"

Rowena narrowed her eyes at her favorite relative. "I haven't eaten all day and I wore my stretchy pants! I thought you said we were going to a steak house."

Lorena couldn't stop herself. She laughed aloud and said, "No, I said we were going on a stakeout. Big difference."

"Whatever. I still expect an expensive steak before the night is over. Luckily for you, I have a stakeout bag ready for emergencies."

Lorena's brows rose as she watched Rowena pull a pair of binoculars  from a black backpack. "This isn't your first stakeout, is it?"

Rowena pulled a pair of walkie talkies out of her bag and shook her head. "Do you remember Logan Myers?"

Lorena's face scrunched in thought. "Wasn't he the boy you dated in middle school? Rowena! Please don't tell me you've been spying on your boyfriends since then!"

"Carmen said she wanted to steal him away from me. Of course I spied on him."

Lorena shook her head. "You are insane."

Rowena rolled her eyes. "Considering how you promised me a steak dinner to help you spy on your husband, I'd keep the judgemental tone out of this conversation."

"I didn't promise you a steak dinner."

"Well, you should have."

"Rowena, would you be serious for once?"

"Lorena, I am serious. I'm an expert at this. I'm worth at least a steak dinner and you clearly said, 'Rowena, let's go to a steak house tonight. I think Donnie is cheating on me.' Why would I make that up?"

"I said, 'let's go on a stakeout.' Why would I randomly treat you to an expensive steak house? You know my shop isn't doing well."

Rowena huffed in annoyance. "Fine, but I thought you wanted to cheer me up. Gino broke up with me."

Lorena grimaced. "Gino, the used car salesman? He dumped you?"

"Again with the judgemental tone," Rowena muttered, shaking her head. "You do realize I'm doing you a favor right now? I could be eating ice cream while burning Gino's pictures and signing him up for male enhancement subscriptions to his workplace right now."

"Gino, who always uses too much hair gel?" Lorena asked.

Rowena shrugged. "The Arizona heat makes his hair frizzy."

"Gino, who only wears silk shirts?"

"He said they felt good against his skin-- like constantly being hugged by a lingerie model."