Felt Like Eternity

It was Wednesday and Kavina was annoyed. She didn't want to go into work today, even though it was her working day besides Monday and she couldn't help but feel irritated by having to wake up just to walk around and serve people for hours and only getting a few tips in return, she felt under appreciated even though she was just a waitress.

She checked the time, 3:21, meaning that she'd have to start getting ready for work as her shift began at 4:30. She grumbled all the way to the shower, she huffed as she moisturized herself, she wailed as she dressed herself and threw a fit as she gathered her things and left.

Ten minutes later, she arrived at the local diner, turning off her engine, she made her way to the diner being hit with the warmth from the heater and the smell of fast food and sweets.

She walked behind the counter, greeting her two colleagues and friends, Trisha and Jerome.

“Hey y'all”, she smiled

“Hey Kavina”, Jerome waved

Laila smiled at her, “Hey girl”

“How y'all been?”, Kavina asked

Laila sighed, “You know boss lady was on my ass today”

Kavina sighed, “I feel sorry for you, the fact that you doing a whole fourteen hour shift, just ask for a raise”

Jerome scoffed, “She tried that shit but boss lady was like...”

“you gonna get a raise and be all vulnerable wit me and ion want that”, he finished

Kavina was left shocked. Her boss, Janina was a rude, insensitive woman who just didn't care about her employees and it was worse with Laila. She always picked on her because Laila was a single parent with an ain't shit babydaddy and Janinaʼs insensitivity was making matters worse, she was close to getting evicted so now she works extra hours and this means she sees her son less and it breaks her.

Kavina gasped, “Lay, I'm so sorry, she so mean”

Laila sighed, “It's fine but she can go to hell with her grinch looking ass”

“Built like brick wall looking ass”, Jerome continued

“Dick head ass, fuck outta here”, he said seriously causing Kavina to laugh and clutch her stomach

If anyone made her day, it would be Jerome. Jerome was funny and a very jolly person, he treated her like a little sister and made her feel happy just by his smile, Jerome could turn her frown upside down.

Kavina wiped a tear, “Lemme change in this uniform before she gets on my ass”

Laila sighs, “Yeah girl, you know how she be”

Kavina hummed going to the employee changing room.

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

Killian grunted as he moved around in his sleep. He was uncomfortable and felt cold, even though he had blankets covering him.

He tried to think about things that would make him sleep then tried to stop thinking just so her could sleep and nothing worked.

He huffed, sitting upright in his bed, he took a blunt and lighter that he kept beside his bed and lit it before taking a pull.

He sighed happily as he felt his high approaching and leaned on his headboard.

Getting high was one of Killianʼs happy moments, his troubles disappeared, the world was no more and he felt at peace on his own.

It also made him sleepy which he was thankful for but he didn't want to depend on a blunt to make him fall asleep, he felt weak knowing he couldn't fall asleep on his own.

He wasn't an insomaniac, he could sleep from time to time, especially when he's be extremely tired from making plays but when he'd just decide on his own that he needed sleep, his body wouldn't allow him and that aggravated him more than anything.

After what felt like eternity, Killian began to feel sleepy so he put out his blunt and set it in his nightstand before snuggling in his bed covers.

He began to think back on Saturday, when he'd slept with Kavina, how easy it had been with her, the sense of comfort and security he felt, he wanted that all without depending on anything or anyone.

That's all he'd need now.