Quit The Game

Kavina flopped on her bed as she sighed, the diner was so busy for some reason and it didn't help that there was a fight between some customers after her shift was over.

She closed her eyes getting ready for sleep to take over when her phone rung.

She huffed and answered it without looking at the Caller ID.

"Hello", she answered groggily

"Vina, hey", she recognized the voice, it was Na'veah

She sat up, "Wassup"

"Okay, so I know you prolly just came back from work and you're tired but I need you to come over", She sighed

"Why?", Kavina frowned

"Malik and I moved here like two days ago and we throwing a sorta housewarming at his crib, we want you to come", Na'veah explained

"Veah", Kavina whined

If more than anything, she was tired and wanted to sleep and enjoy the next few days off work.

Na'veah huffed, "Come Vina please, we got food"

And like the food lover Kavina is, she shot up from her bed, "I'll be there, send me yo' location". And with that, she hung the phone.

Her phone dinged showing that Na'veah began sharing her location.

Kavina walked into her bathroom, stripped out of her clothes, putting on a shower cap and showered quickly before brushing her teeth and washing her face.

She got a towel from her clean laundry hamper in the bathroom and put covered herself with it.

She walked into her bedroom and picked out underwear. She moisturized her body and face and put on her underwear.

She walked to her drawer full of clothing and picked out black bootleg jeans and a purple off-shoulder sweater wearing secret socks before slipping on her white AF1s.

She took off her shower cap and brushed through her newly installed middle part blonde weave before applying mascara on her eyelashes, lip balm on her lips coating it with lip gloss and spritz her vanilla fragrance all over her body.

She took her phone and car keys and slipped $100 in her jean pocket before leaving the house.

She got in her car and started up her engine before setting her phone on the dashboard to check where Malikʼs house is. She saw it was twenty minutes away and next door to her friend, Jerome lived so she switched off her phone and threw it in the passenger seat along with her purse.

She zoomed out of her driveway and began to make her way to the housewarming.

She turned on her radio and smiled as she heard one of her favorite songs playing.

Need me {Luh Kel} playing...

"You know our love solid like rocks, we won't stop till we up at the top and I know that you been through a lot. I can take any problem you got, we gonʼ-", her phone rang cutting her singing off

She stopped at a red light and looked at the Caller ID seeing it was unsaved, answering it, she put it on speaker and turned the radio volume down.

"Ayy thi-", she recognized the voice

"Kamiri, wassup", she said watching the red light go on yellow

He cleared his throat, "Malik asking when you gon' be here"

"I'm like maybe ten minutes away, why he asking", she tapped on her steering wheel

"He said buy a tub of ice-cream, he gon' pay you back when you get there", he informed her