All The Way

Malik and Mosiah walked through the grocery store picking out thing they needed for home.

Mosiah informed Malik that he was going to the 'Sweets' section to look for gummy bears.

He walked to the 'Sweets' isle and picked out four gummy bears packets.

As he turned around, he bumped into someone and his gummy bears fell, he reached down to pick them up but the person beat him to it.

"Shit". The person cursed picking up his gummy bears

"I'm sorry, I ain't see-" Mosiah apologized

"Mosiah?", the girl in front of him asked

He looked at her, "Marie?". He smiled

"I ain't seen you in so long". He hugged her

She smiled, "You left and came all the way to Atlanta from BR". He shrugged, "New scenery"

Mosiah was originally from Louisiana, born and raised.
He lived a normal life, two parents and a little sister. His parents died in a car accident when he was sixteen and his sister, 13. They live with their grandmother till she died two years later and moved to Atlanta, Georgia. He didn't see any reason to be living in Louisiana anymore given that he had no living family there rather than his sister so he moved then to Atlanta.

Marie and Mosiah were close friends back in Baton Rouge. When he left, Marie was left confused and sad, why did he leave, will he come back, she never knew.

She moved to Atlanta when she got a job offer as a real estate agent.

She scoffed chuckling, "Shit, you could've said so"

He sighed, "I'm sorry bout that". He scratched the back of his neck

She cleared her throat, "Where Orianna at tho?". She asked about Mosiahʼs sister

"Orianna around. I ain't seen in a week now but I know she good". He smiled

He pulled out his phone, "Where you at tho?"

"I live 'round here now", she nodded her head

He rose his eyebrow, "Word?". She nodded her head

He gave her his phone, "Put ya number in, we gon' catch up". She smirked putting her number in and giving his phone back, "Don't be a stranger anymore"

He sucked his teeth chuckling, "I won't. I promise".

"Walk me to my lil nigga", he said directing her to where his trolley was

"You been good tho?", She asked putting the gummy bears in the trolley

They walked to the till and paid for their groceries separately. "I been good Marie, you been okay"

"Yeah, I been doing okay", she smiled

He nodded his head as they walked the store. "You came here alone". She asked

He shook his head looking for Malik, "Nah, I came wit my boy, Malik. He round' here, som-"

Malik came running to Mosiah, "Mane, they stole my car!"

"Who-I'm sorry, I'm Marie", Marie introduced herself

Mosiah shook his head, "Who took yo car"

"Obviously somebody dumbass". Malik glared at him

Mosiah sucked his teeth, "Don't get smart with me. How'd you find out yo car was gone"

"I was talking to sum shorty and she asked for a lighter and I remembered I got one in my car. So I went to get that lighter and my car, poof...", Malik huffed

Marie shook her head empathetically, "Gone"

Malik nodded his head, "Gone, man. Someone stole my car". He frowned