Thali

During dinner Vivek, Divya and Ashok cracked jokes with each other. Gayathri wondered, how can they behave like that in front of her. She pretended happiness in front of Ashok's mother. After dinner she went to the bedroom with Vaiga.She laid Vaiga in her lap and sat on the bed. After some time Vivek entered the room. He came near them and watched Vaiga sleeping at her mother's lap.He kissed her cheeks and sat down on the couch nearby the bed.Gayathri kept Vaiga to bed and she went to the bathroom. She purposefully took some time to come out. When she came out, Vivek was sleeping with Vaiga hugging her. Both of them were hugging each other and sleeping.Tears flowed from her eyes at that sight.
Gayathri's POV
My daughter is sleeping with her father. For one thing I am happy that,now if something happens to me, my daughter won't be alone. Vivek, I longed for this care during her birth. But now I don't need it. After all she is your daughter and I know blood is thicker than water. You are feeling guilty because of your daughter, not me. Or you may have new plan to take my daughter away from me?Vivek,If that is your plan, I won't live in this world.
Gayathri's mind was fully occupied by many thougts. She went to the couch and fell asleep.
Next morning, when Gayathri was awake, she didn't find Vivek at bed. Vaiga was sleeping peacefully.
She turned around and saw Vivek is writing his diary. She tiptoed without making any noise and try to open the door.
Then suddenly Vivek tightened door hook from behind of Gayathri. Gayathri suddenly turned back. Vivek whispered her ears, placing his hands on her shoulder,' I won't leave you like this, where are you running? Are you running away from me? How long you run away from me. ' Saying this Vivek lowered his face to her lips. He moved his lips to touch her. But Gayathri pushed him away before the kiss.
She shouted at him:' How dare you touch me like this? Who are you to touch me like this? I hate this touch of yours.She cried:'I am not a prostitute,Vivek.I hate your touch Vivek. I hate you.. I hate you. Now what do you want? You want Vaiga, isn't it? You better kill me Vivek.' She was crying madly. Vivek tried to console her. He tried to wipe away her tears.But she pushed him away and said angrily,' Don't touch me Vivek'. She angrily walked towards bathroom and closed the door. Vivek followed her, He stands besides the door and said,'Gayathri, I know you hate me for all the things I did to you. I am not demanding you to love me. But I am begging for a chance in your life as your servant. Kindly consider my request for our baby girl. If you are not willing for that, I have no other option than legal action. I will go to any end for my daughter.'
Gayathri suddenly opened the door and clutched his shirt's collar and shouted at him,' Vivek, you will take my daughter over my dead body'. At that time, Vivek hugged her and said' No Gayu, I am not having any intention to take away Vaiga, I need both of you.'
Gayathri tried to push him away. But this time her thali chain got entangled with his shirt's button. Vivek tried to take it. Gayathri also tried to take it.He said' Hey, I will take it'. He tried to slowly remove the locket. Realisation hit him when he noticed the locket. It was the same thali, he tied her during their marriage at temple. He take it in his hand and asked her,' Gayu,this thali is...Gayathri snatched it from his hand and said angrily,' Yes, the same thali you tied in my neck to kill me.'
Then suddenly Vaiga woke up and went near them. She asked Gayathri,'Amma why are you scoding dad? Did he ate chocalate like me,?
Vivek took her in his arms and teasingly said' Cutie, your Amma won't give me chocolates. I love to bite red chocoates of your Amma. But she is not giving me that'.
Vaiga said:'Oh Amma,please give him that chocolate.'
Gayathri said sternly,'My darling, your dad got so many red chocolates from me years ago. Now he can't eat it anymore, because I didn't have that chocolates. I think he can buy it from Janaki Bakers.'
Vivek answered :' Vaiga, I think your mother don't know that Janaki Bakers is not making red chocolate, Red chocolate specialist is your mother.I only ate red chocolates of your amma.'
Vaiga said:' Oh is it so, Amma?, I too want your red chocoate.Please give it to us Amma?'
Gayathri smiled at Vaiga and kissed her and said:' Sure dear, I will give it to you...'
Saying that she left the room. She thought herself, how Vaiga made a tense situation lighter.
Vivek went with Vaiga to the garden. He was thinking the whole time. Vivek's pov: So Gayathri was wearing thali tied by me.I was overwhelmed with love. She preserved my thali as a sacred thing. She gave birth to my daughter. I love her so dearly. I will become her servant this whole life time. I will treat her as a Goddess. She did everything without expecting anything from me. I have read true love in books.Doing something without expecting anything is a divine thing. My thali is on her neck, she is my wife. Now I can understand, how much she might be sad by the sight of my marriage with Janaki.