PROLOGUE

A/N- the Lotus Moon Series is a spin off series's to my Grey/Red wolves books. You can read this series without reading the other books, but there are some cross over characters. Starting with Gamma Cole and the Silver Wolf then To Rule Red River and finishing off that series is The Rogue from Obsidian City. I hope you enjoy :)

————-

TAYLOR

"What the fucks that?" I growl staring at the pancake stack I'd ordered for breakfast, but it's come with a fucking candle lit on top.

"It's your birthday cake!" My brother Jenson smirks with a cigarette hanging out of the corner of his mouth and sunglasses flicked down over his eyes whilst he sits opposite me in our regular diner. "Happy 30th broth. I even ordered us drinks so now it's a real fucking party!"

I watch my brother throw the waitress an award-winning smile just as she places down two bloody Mary's on the table before I put the candle out with my thumb and forefinger then shove the plate away looking less than impressed.

"You know I don't drink. Plus, I was thirty last year." I growl as Jenson shrugs nonchalantly before sliding my vodka laden cocktail next to his own and starts to knock one back as my jaw tenses up.

"It's eight thirty in the morning, little early don't you think?" I snap at him, but he just barks out a laugh and takes another suck on his cigarette.

"Fucking relax for once Tay, even on your birthday you still have a stick up your ass!" Jenson chuckles making me snap.

I lean forward and snatch his sunglasses off his face and throw them to the table before taking his cigarette and dabbing it out in the ashtray as my little brother yawns as if bored just as I clock the big black eye he's been hiding.

"How much you owe this time? You must have had a hell of a beating to still not be fixed up!" I snarl before taking a sip of my coffee as my brother, the fucking Gamma to the most powerful pack in the US, yawns once more making my blood boil.

"It's nothing I can't afford." Jenson says quietly before picking at one of my untouched pancakes and throwing it in my mouth.

"When are you going to grow up." I growl.

"When are you going to stop trying to act like the Alpha." My brother finally snaps back as his eyes flicker momentarily gold until they change back their normal brown hue, shakes his head before tucking back into my pancakes ignoring me.

"Kit will be back from Europe when he's back." I sigh before rubbing my temples just as my phone starts to ring.

"Sure, he fucking will." Jenson mutters but I choose to ignore him as I look at who's ringing me.

"If this is about you again, I swear, I'm fucking cutting you off!" I growl at Jenson who raises his hands in surrender before turning them over and flipping me the bird.

"Sheriff Gates, why are you calling?" I say in a low but authoritative voice.

I fucking hate dealing with this tool. Like a lot of people on our territory he's a human. Unlike a lot of packs who solely only have wolves on their lands, the Lotus Moon Pack is so big this just isn't realistic. We have over thirty Delta wolves that run certain towns or areas across our territory who reports to my brother Jenson, who reports to me, and I'm supposed to report to Kit... when he's fucking here. It's a fragile harmony, but for the most part it works. However, from time to time I have to deal with the human's law enforcement, all of the sheriffs are in my pocket. However, having to interact with them at all just gets my back up some days.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you and so early in the day Mr Lancaster, but it's a matter of urgency and I'm pretty sure you're gonna wanna know about this..." Sheriff Gates splutters out.