PART 10 - BELLA D

HARPER

Slamming all the kitchen cupboards doors open than shut, I growl with annoyance. Where the hell does he keep all his alcohol? I'm in serious need of something strong to take the edge off my situation. Wincing a little as I hobble to the other side of the kitchen, I bend down, and yank open those doors under the sink too... nothing. My leg is almost healed, but my ankle is still throbbing a little from where it's strained which is making me even more agitated.

"Fuck." I curse loudly as I spin around and lean against the kitchen sink.

Crossing my arms, I look around the cabin's kitchen once more before huffing, but it's no good. There's nothing here. Fuck this, I need something.  My wolf growls loudly in my head when I suddenly remember that I do have a special little something that might just do the trick in the bottom of my make up bag that I've hidden from my mate. Shuffling towards the bathroom, I rummage into my large navy bag with stars encrusted on it until I finally feel at my fingertips exactly what I was looking for.

My mate may have demanded that I don't dabble with anymore 'witchy shit' but screw him. He can't get all high and mighty with me when he's been hiding the fact, he's a level three, lunatic wolf!

I need this before I see him again.

Pulling out the small bottle I was hiding away, I look down at the black glass jar that I stole from the witch back home then frown when I look at the label. Unlike the Hex smelling salts that had directions for use, this just has a small label on it saying, 'Bella D'. My wolf growls in my head when I slowly start to open it up just like she did the last time I took some of the witch's concoction. Ignoring her I remove the lid before taking a quick smell. Unlike the Hex smelling salts this is musky and bitter but fuck it.

Bottoms up.

Putting the small bottle to lips I go to take the full shot, but as soon as I taste the purply black liquid, my eyes snap open.

Somethings wrong.

This doesn't taste right.

Dropping the bottle, my hands instinctively wrap around my throat as the liquid starts to burn as I sob out from the pain.  Oh god. It's like a hot poker's been shoved down my throat. Running to the sink, I bend down and put my mouth to the running water but cry out when the burning continues down into my stomach like lava destroying everything in its path making me feel like vomiting as my knees buckle.

"Taylor." I cry out, before I stumble to the floor doubled up in pain. "Taylor." I whimper out as I try and get back up but feel instantly sick as my world spins.

Curling up into a ball on the bathroom floor I sob with pain until all I see is spots, then completely blackout from the pain.

-----------------

TAYLOR

"Harper, we need to talk. You can't just keep locking yourself in the bathroom like this." I say with frustration as I bang on the door once more to try and get her to open up.

But nothing.

I rest my head against the door and sigh. "I'm sorry. I should have been honest with you from the beginning about what I was." I say quietly and wait for a response. "I know me being a three is less than ideal."

But nothing.

"Fuck Harper. Will just open the fucking door already?"

Yet still nothing. Silence.

Last time she locked herself in here was after I threw her ass in the lake, and she rattled and slammed every cupboard in there huffing and swearing making it clear how much I'd pissed her off. This seems different. At first, I wonder if she's jumped out of the bathroom window to run off again, frowning I put my ear to the door and listen. My wolf hearing working hard to make out the slightest sound but all I pick up is her breathing. It's raspy and strained making my wolf immediately growl and pace in my head.