PART 15 - ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT A TOURNAMENT

HARPER

Resting my head against Taylors large wolf's shoulder, I smile as his thick, soft fur tickles my skin and he gives me a throaty rumble which I'm pretty sure means he's happy. For most of the week Taylor and I have sat down by the lakeside to watch the sunrise with me still in my human form letting his wolf get used to me before I leave for work.  My wolf is desperate to meet him properly, but Taylor has very firmly rejected that idea until he's happy with how this stage goes.

No surprises, his wolf is extremely possessive and kind of clumsy with me, but I can tell he's trying and that he likes our little trips out here by how he licks my face and runs around me every time we meet. He reminds me of a newly shifted pup that doesn't yet know how to interact or socialise with others, it kinda makes me sad that he's been outcast like that, but I get it. Category three's don't have their reputation for nothing.

"So tomorrow, I've got to go into work early in the morning. You can't go all moody on me ok. You hear me wolfie? A girls gotta work you know." I say to him quietly as he grumbles, and I can't help but giggle.

"I'm serious." I laugh as I look up into his black eyes that are always watching me with so much interest. "And when I get back, we'll come down here and watch the sunset together instead for a change, I promise."

The Onyx wolf rubs his snout against my head as I try not to fall to the side before he quickly shifts back to Taylor as I yelp with surprise as he flips me onto my back and pins me down grinning.

"Hey, this is my time with wolfie, not you." I laugh as Taylor hovers over me, his sexy painted torso on full display as my hand instinctively slides up the hard ridges of his chest then around his neck pulling him closer.

"He's had you long enough." Taylor smirks before he leans down and captures my lips nice and slow, but it's as hot as hell.

"Taylor, not here." I pant as his large hand slides down into my underwear and I give out a shaky breath.

"I think here's just fine for what I want to do with you." Taylor smirks against my skin before he abruptly stops and looks up towards the road as if he's heard something before, he curses.

"What is it?" I frown, frustrated that he's stopped.

"Fuck, my brothers here." Taylor grumbles before giving my forehead a quick kiss, then jumps off me and starts throwing his clothes on.

Huffing, I sit back up watching my mate dress. His body's phenomenally good as I get flustered just looking at him before I look over my shoulder to see which brother has disturbed us on the weekend and frown when I see Jenson's jeep pulling up.

Great, it's the Jackass brother.

"Hey, did you forget you were driving me today or what?" Jenson calls out to Taylor as he jumps out of his jeep and Taylor pulls me to my feet.

"Shit, yeah I did, sorry Jenson. Can I skip it? I wanted to spend the day with Harper." Taylor huffs as Jenson's eyes flick onto me and a big lopsided smirk pulls on his lips.

"I figured she was coming anyway. Get your stuff blondie, we're going on a road trip."

-------------------

TAYLOR

Once every three months friendly warrior tournaments are held up and down the country. It's a good way for allied packs to build friendships and hone new skills. I've been banned from taking part in these things since I was a teenager after being too aggressive, but I must admit I often enjoyed coming down as a spectator especially when Jenson was in the rings. For all his flaws, that kid has always been something special when it comes to combat skills and rarely loses his challenges. However, it's been a good couple of years since I've seen him step foot in one of these things, so I'd agreed to come along and drive him home just in case he gets his ass kicked.