Ch 14

I walked back into the lecture room, the students' voices started to lower and all of their eyes were now back on Ms Cain. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly she gains the attention of people, she hadn't even said anything yet. 

I made my way back over to my desk that I had previously sat at a few moments ago. As I sat down, my mind quickly flashed back to how upset Dana had made me. Was she jealous of me and Alex?

It made no sense, one moment she's my friend and the next she's flirting with me. I was only gone a weekend, a very... strange weekend. My thoughts reminded me of the absolute goddess in front of me. 

I looked up, she was sat at her own desk. For some reason, I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of her, it's like she was pulling me in, unable to do anything apart from listen to her with every ounce of my attention. 

I must have been in my thoughts a while considering I didn't even realise she had looked up from the laptop in front of her. There was a darkness in her eyes, one that wasn't there the first time I had come into the classroom. I quickly broke the longing eye contact with her, although I could still feel her eyes boring into me.

"Okay, class. We are going to do something different today." The sudden boom of her voice hit all four walls, startling me and a few other students that were also near the front. I kept my eyes on the desk in front of me, my hands seeming more interesting than anything else. Deep down, Alex was starting to intimidate me. I haven't seen this version of her before, I barely got to explain what happened between me and Dana before she had asserted her dominance over me. Not that I didn't enjoy it. It just bugged me a little. 

"I'm going to split you all into groups of five, each group having a different case study on the topic of natural disasters. Each of you will present your case study and teach it to the rest of the class, the group that offers the best presentation will get a chance to earn extra credit." I heard a few grunts and sighs among the class. All of them earning a stern, harsh stare from Ms Cain which quickly shut them up afterwards. 

"Now... I do hope you can put yourself into groups, once you have done that come to me and I will give you your activity." After looking throughout the class, her eyes landed on me, her head tilting slightly and smirking at me before returning her attention to the laptop in front of her. 

Everyone remained silent, still staring at her, as if they were waiting for something. 

"Now!" Her voice rose, yet her attention remained on her laptop. 

I heard scuttling and voices chatting behind me before Jen had approached me. 

"She is one scary lady." She whispered in my ear, the sudden feeling of breath against my ear sending alarm signals to my head, reminding me of the person that was just there a few moments ago. 

She giggled as she backed away and sat in the desk next to me. I looked at Alexandria, completely unaware of what she had said or so I thought, I could see her jaw clenching but chose to ignore it as I turned back to Jen. 

"I know." We both laughed, I gulped slightly at the thought of her getting angry at me, the feeling starting to excite me. I heard her clear her throat but decided to ignore that as well, only fueling her rage more. 

 I looked around seeing others already getting into groups, Jen wasn't shy at all so she quickly gathered a few of the remaining students. 

Me and Jen stood up, introducing ourselves to the other students. All three seemed like okay people except from one, I think his name was Max. He was one of the students that always grunted in disapproval of Ms Cain, or tried talking whilst she was talking.