IV. stabbed in the back

CHAPTER FOUR
STABBED IN THE BACK

"oh, excuse me? excuse me. i found this lost dog." a woman ran up to valerie as she entered the reception. valerie looked down at the small dog with sad eyes, she'd always wanted a dog but for obvious reason couldn't have one growing up.

"aww. i'm sorry but lost dogs are actually an animal control issue." valerie informed the woman with a sweet smile.

"oh, of course. but i figured all this blood made it an lapd issue." the woman said as she revealed the dogs fur that was hidden under a towel. "there isn't a single scratch on her." valerie inspected the dog, noticing that there was indeed no scratch, no cut, nothing.

"where did you find her?" valerie asked, furrowing her eyebrows at the situation. the dog could've came from a crime scene they hadn't discovered.

"middle of wilshire boulevard." the woman answered. "little cutie was frantic, almost got herself squashed." she explained.

valerie reached forward, taking the dog into her own arms worriedly. the dog let out a small whine as valerie held her close to her stomach comfortingly.

"what's the hold up?" tim asked valerie, stepping beside her and the dog. lucy was once again riding with nickolas for undercover experience so valerie was put back with tim for the day.

"we need to swing by a vet, see if there's a chip in this dog." valerie explained to officer bradford. "the dog could've came from a crime scene, blood all over its fur but not a single scratch i can see." valerie explained.

tim nodded his head, his eyes scanning the blood along the fur of the dog. "let's get on it."

•••••

"police!" valerie yelled as she knocked on the door which belonged to the dog the woman had found. "we've got your dog." valerie called out, waiting for the door to open.

silence. tim reached his hand forward, knocking on the door again. "police!" tim yelled.

valerie walked backwards, ducking under the window and scanning her eyes around the house. valerie's eyes caught a body on the floor, blood paw prints surrounded the corpse. valerie tapped tim on the arm, to which he turned around. "body."

tim reached down to the door knob, trying to twist it, though he was unsuccessful as the door was locked. tim lifted his leg and sent his foot towards the door, throwing it open. valerie raced infront of tim, holding her gun out infront of her, making her way inside the house.

valerie reached the body, ducking down onto her knees and lifting her finger to the woman's neck. not breathing, no pulse. valerie looked up at tim with a frown. "no pulse."

a clattering sound rang from the other room, causing valerie to shoot up onto her feet. valerie immediately turned and made her way to the source of the sound. valerie went into one room, tim in another room.

"clear." valerie said quietly, after scanning the bedroom and receiving no sign of a person. valerie exited the room and walked over to tim who stood in front of a closed door.

"this is the police! we're coming in so get your hands where i can see them." tim yelled through the door, holding his gun in his hands. silence. tim nodded his head at valerie before shooting into the bathroom, followed by valerie.

valerie looked at the closed curtain of the shower, narrowing her eyebrows. valerie pressed her lips into a thin line, nodding her head slowly at her partner.

tim pulled back the curtain, revealing a young boy, his arms wrapped around his knees which were pulled up to his chest. he rocked back and fourth, staring at the shower wall. valerie lowered her gun, placing it back in her belt.