VI. day of death

CHAPTER SIX
DAY OF DEATH

"hey, have you seen valerie?" jackson asked nolan as the two men walked towards the roll call room. nolan raised his eyebrow at the random question.

"uh, no. no yet." nolan answered, thinking nothing of it.

"she didn't come home last night. and she went on a double date with lucy and them guys last night. have you seen lucy?" jackson explained himself, walking alongside the older man.

"not yet. they're grown women, could've just you know? why, are you worried?" nolan asked the boy.

"no. i- i mean, yeah. a little bit." jackson stuttered. "look, valerie always comes home. i texted, i called, valerie and lucy. there's no answer." jackson was starting to go a little insane at the thought of them not being seen in work yet either. they were always early.

"their phones could be dead." nolan told jackson. "lucy's always complaining the charger in her car doesn't work. not sure about valerie's though. probably does work, i mean she's got a mercedes. harper! did you see valerie or lucy in the locker room?"

the two men approached harper once she appeared around the corner. "no. why?" harper asked curiously.

"if they're just running late and we ring the fire alarm, they'll get dinged." nolan explained. "but-"

"but if we don't and something terrible-" jackson was cut off.

"sergeant!" harper called loudly, her eyes wide like she'd seen ghosts after listening to the conversation between jackson and nolan. sergeant immediately looked over to harper and hummed for her to continue. "tell him." harper said, stopping infront of grey. nolan and jackson followed over nervously.

"valerie did not come home last night." jackson started, watching nickolas' face immediately drop. "we tried to contact both lucy and valerie as they were together last night... no response to calls or texts."

"did they go out with them guys?" tim asked, looking at jackson worried. he didn't want to assume the worst, but that's all he could think about. "the ones they met at the bar? adam fletcher. caleb wright with a w."

"yeah, yeah. they were, uh, heading to meet them when we all walked out together last night, about 8:30." jackson tried to remember the exact details. "haven't heard from them since."

"um, they could've ended up at their places, overslept?" sergeant grey suggested, gazing over to nickolas and tim.

"no." jackson and nolan shook their heads. "lucy doesn't do one-night stands. and she's never late." they both rushed out.

tim turned towards sergeant grey with a frown. "valerie doesn't do one-night stands either. she stays out late but she never hops into bed with a guy she just met." he explained.

"i taught her that." nickolas added. "i taught her to never choose to sleep with someone you don't even know. it's dangerous, and it is a waste of time."

"what do we know about these adam and caleb guys?" sergeant grey asked. harper's mouth hung low, worried for the two women officers and their safety. harper had only met them a while ago, she did not know lucy that well yet but she enjoyed valerie's company.

"nothing." jackson let out a deep sigh.

"no, uh. adam said that he and caleb work for a medical supply company. he said that's how they met each other." tim explained, trying to remember as much as he could. "i saw a video of caleb playing with a puppy and a photo of adam and his niece or something?" everybody looked at tim confused. "chen was checking out their social media pages."