Meet Nimona

In an abandoned building away from people, the lights flicker as a wielding device is being used. Bal looks upon what he's doing with focus, putting pieces of a device together with ease. Once he's done he takes it and put it on where his arm was cut off, showing it was a robotic arm. 

As he tests the arm, y/n approaches him with a cup, steam leaving the rim of it. She holds it out to the man. "Here, just keep drinking these at a certain time for three days, and there shouldn't be any scarring. Are you feeling any pain?" 

Bal makes a face at the drink, he never liked medicine and he was sure this was going to taste bitter. His eyes look at y/n to see her watching him, messing with her fingers. He could feel the guilt creeping into him at the thought of him rejecting it. He takes a deep breath and chugs it down. Once the cup was empty, he takes a deep breath, but the lingering taste makes him ease down.

"Blueberries?" He asks, trying to figure out the taste. Y/n nods. "The witches have figured out a way to make potions and medicine more enjoyable. I didn't know what flavor you liked, so I went for a popular option." 

Bal couldn't help but smile at how the young girl was being so cheerful even after all that happened. He was also happy he had someone that believed him without question. Suddenly, there's pounding on the door, making the two of them tense. Y/n hold her hands together and backs up a bit. Her eyes land on the floor, spotting a half-broken beer bottle. 

She picks up the bottle and hands it to Bal, who thanks her with a nod and takes the makeshift weapon with his new hand, gripping it tightly. As he stalks closer to the door with y/n, the person outside pounds it again, making the place shake and a pot is about to fall and shatter on the ground but Bal effortlessly catches it with his hand and paces it back.

He soon reaches the door and once his hand is on the doorknob, he pulls it open and holds the broken bottle out. The only thing outside is the forest and junk of metal strewn about. Bal closes the door with a hum and looks at y/n, who was looking up at him with equal confusion. "That was weird."

Y/n goes to nod, but a voice behind them makes the pair jump. "Hey, bosses." Bal sees the punk girl and quickly pulls y/n behind him and holds the broken glass to the girl's nose. The girl pushes the glass down with a single and raised brow with a smug smirk.

Bal looks at y/n, whose eyes are wide by this, her lips sealed shut. The punk girl continues. "I love the secret lair." She walks around, taking a whiff of the air. She notices something in the file cabinet knocked down and reaches into the lower shelf to pull out a dead possum by the tail. "The garbage and the smell of sadness pulled the whole thing together."

Bal snaps out of it and gets serious. "Wait, who are you?" She rolls up beside him with a handout. "The name's Nimona." Bal goes to ask another question. "And how did you-" The girl notices Bal's new limb and she shouts happily. "Whoa! Yeah! Sick arm." She grabs it and inspects it with glee.

She straightens up with a thought. "Did it bleed a lot?" Bal is taken aback by this. "What?" Her eyes stray from different sides, making it look creepy as she asks her next question while slowly turning her head. "Did they let you keep the old one?" This scares Bal to take his arm back. "No. Let go!" He turns away with concern. "What is wrong with you?"

The girl doesn't acknowledge the question and takes the wielding tool, turning it on. "Ooh! Can I have it?" Bal panics at this. "What? Put that down. That is not for little girls." Nimona turns off the tool. "Little girls?" She places her elbow on a spinning sawblade, which stops and doesn't injure her, and places the tool on her shoulder. "Okay, how old do you think I am?"

Bal shrugs, lowering his guard down. "I don't know, ten?" Nimona gives a 'Really?' look. Bal is more confused than on edge as he shows that he doesn't know. "Help me out. More or less than ten?" He asks, making Nimona smirk. "Not a lot of kids in your life, huh?"